UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Very Sad Day Yesterday

Lainey

Thanks for your kind thoughts :flowers:

I dont know what to do for the best at the moment. We had a detective here for over 3 hours on sunday talking through the accident with my son and the other friend who was with them at the time. They were given the option of when to give statements but wanted to get it over and done with, i listened quietly while they both gave their account of the day- we were all in tears.

It turns out that all 3 of the lads rode this bike, but ryan decided to take a side path during his second go- This means that it could have been any one of them that died that day :mecry:

My son said he didnt want to talk about it anymore after giving his statement so i said ok but i'm here if you need to. He has since only given 1 word answers to any attempt at conversation, and this morning his alarm didnt go off and he was F'ing and blinding in his room- this is not his usual character, he is usually very laid back. His reaction this morning was understandably irrational and all i want to do is help him, but i cant. It is impossible to erase what he saw on sunday from his mind, and i am worried about the long term effects it will have on him. i just hope he manages to eventually come to terms with it.

It might be worth talking to someone at Cruse website linky here

They are the experts and there seems to be some links to information for youths and regarding traumatic deaths on the site.

He's bound to find it really tough and at that age it's not easy to talk about emotions really.I hope he finds a way through this,I'm sure with your help he will do in time :flowers: Getting through the funeral will be hard but I always think once that's over it's easier to move on.

Thanks for the link, i've been having a look at it. I may speak to them and see what they advise. I know my son wont consider anything like this at all but they may be able to help me to help him

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Mum-pays-tribute...bike.4312343.jp

I can second that, many years ago I spoke to them about a young employee who had found her older sister murdered, and who had plunged into a deep depression as a result. Their advice was sensible and frank and enabled us to understand her grieving process.

I wish your son the best, and hope that he can work through his grief, and that Ryan can rest in peace :angel: