UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Best Harness?

mole

Yep I have the perfect fit harness for my Saluki. It does exactly what it says on the tin!

I also have the fleece lined harness they do for my springer - also fits beautifully.

Infact I would like the fleece lined harnesses for my GSDs too, but they already have a couple of harnesses each so I shouldn't really spend more money on some, I have to sit on my hands everytime I go on that site :rolleyes:

Syd (my saluki) has managed to wriggle out of it once (I have no idea how, it was still perfectly done up when he vacated it :unsure: ). But then Syd does the saluki jumpy up and down thing when he gets excited by something - another dog, a squirrel, a plastic bag being blown along the road :rolleyes: so I walk him now on a double attachment with the harness and sighthound leather collar. However he hasn't come even close to managing to get out of the harness again since I tightened it a bit :blush02: but I take no chances anymore.

I've got two Staffords and have the type of harness recommended by both Yena and Khanu, they are both very good harness's, I'd say tho' it would depend on what the harness was for, the walkezze is great for stopping pulling but I've found the fleece harness to be better at controling Daisy doing her nut at other dogs, simply because I can pick the little git up with it :biggrin:

Bertie has a walkeze which blinkin' fantastic for keeping arm from becoming detached for shoulder! He's finally learning to walk on a slack lead. I don't fit it the way they do in their pictures, I find the clasp on the top sits right on their spines so I do it up underneath, so its in effect upside down but works just as well that way.

I found the fleece lined harness were ok, but if you have a dog that likes water,

then they get weighed down a bit and it takes quite a while for them to dry off,

my lurcher used to wear one - got it from trpd,

but as she has no hair underneath i found it rubbed a bit when wet,

she now has a neoprene type lined one, it was made to fit her.

All my other dogs wear harness made by Trpd, they have the Trail Harness,

our bonnie wears one of the none slip ones made by trpd, as she could slip anything,

but has yet to slip out of this one.

Thanks for all the information folks :)

I've bought one of the fleece lined ones from Dog Games (came in a day) black and red...... I like it ...its very comfortable for my Stafford but he isn't a big puller.

Yes I agree it could be a problem with a dog who jumps in water but I haven't had a big problem with it when it gets wet from rain.

Got lots of new websites from this thread - thnx to all concerned.