UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Packing Your Dog's Bag For Camping

lil_angel

This is the first time Im going camping with Louie and would really appreciate if people could let me know what they pack for their dogs with they go on holibobs. I got the basics listed so far but would be great to see what others take just incase Ive missed something :flowers:

we take one small bag for my stuff and the rest of the car is filled with towels, bowls, treats, food, bedding (can;t expect a greyhound to lie on the ground - that is cruelty according to Lucy), tie out stakes, metal tie outs for Jed, normal ones for the others, leads, spare leads, poo bags, oh yes, and the dogs.

Food,bedding,towels,flexilead for madame,treats,toys,tick remover,coat for Daisy as she takes forever to dry. And as I'm in the B&B small bottle of carpet shampoo - thankfully never ever had to use it but just in case.Also in B&B an old flanelette sheet to throw over the bed - again in case.You won't need these camping but others in B&B might?

Oh and check your ID tag,make sure you have a mobile number on there just in case.Mine also has my vet's number on so I let them know I'm away and give them a contact number as well.

Lead, spare leads

Bowl, spare bowl

Harness, spare harness

Food, extra food just incase

Dog bed, spare blanket,

Millions of poop bags

Towels, more towels

Doggy coat, spare coat

Wet wipes

Liver treats

Large bottle of water

Balls, toys

Spare Collar and ID tags

We take little clip on keyring torches that clip onto the dogs harness / collar so they can be seen in the dark

Torch for yourself, even better a head torch for free hands pickin up poop in the dark :happy:

Mich says - Sausages, camping stove :rolleyes:

oh and something i should do but dont always remember is a list and maps to the nearest vet practices in case of emergency and phone numbers of the local authorities in case of a lost dog so you can call them without a paniced search for contact details!

Edited by Ramsey

Dry food

Tinned food

Treats

Blankets

Beds

Coats

Brushes

First Aid Kit (canine)

Alway carry a couple of spare id tags in case one gets pulled off

Bowls

Poo Bags

Spare collars and leads

probably have forgotten something :)

Towels

Leads

Tie out stakes and fasteners

Toys

Edited by doggy.lover

food bowl

water bowl

two leads

one jumper

one coat

2 fleecey blankets

1 single duvet

2 picnic rugs (they're good cos they're waterproofed underneath, so she can lay on damp grass)

poo bags

dog food

twisty twizzle ground thingy

towels

wet wipes

Harness.

I didn't take enough dog towels last time. You need enough that dogs can be dried several times over.

Cher you are taking an entire caravan for your dogs, talk about spoilt, most of ours will have to put up with tents, no wonder they need more clothes!