UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Camping Weekend .....

Natalie34

Hi

Can someone please be kind enough to let me know what food and drink I should be bringing along for the weekend, for our 'big bar-b-q' and 'cocktail' gathering on Saturday night.

I am a newbie so not sure what is normally organised?

And do I need to bring along a throw away bar-b ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure we've been doing this often enough to have 'stuff we normally do!'

I think last time Cindy compiled a drinks list, but this time round she is working insanely hard at the mo and I don't think will be in here much before the big event, so I'm thinking probably just bring the kind of stuff we like and we'll improvise wildly and share when we get there.

I'm not bringing a throwaway barbecue, but I am bringing a pile of sossidges, so I'm just hoping someone will have a barbie I can borrow when I get there!

Unless someone wants to make a more coherent plan?

We have got a BBQ we don't mind sharing and I think we might also have a couple of disposables. Also got a stove if anyone wants a fry up for breakfast (although you might have to sort it yourself .... am not very good in the mornings :evil: ). Am so looking forward to this. Fingers crossed the weather holds!

I think its generally bring what you like to drink (put your name on it so you can take it home if there is anything left) and take some food to bung in for a mass barbeque. Hopefully there will be enough barbies to use for everyone. The last couple of times we went there weren't as many of us so it was much simpler. I think we are all playing it by ear!! :laugh: x

Also got a stove if anyone wants a fry up for breakfast (although you might have to sort it yourself .... am not very good in the mornings :evil: ).

I have got a little portable gas ring which I love passionately and will be using at every opportunity. But my kettle is very very very small. honestly, it could win prizes as world's smallest kettle. Mark laughs at it and calls it the microkettle. :unsure:

I want to join in with the bbq - but how are people storing/keeping things fresh? I am going to get a cool box (only have a bag at the moment) would vegi burgers put in the box on Friday still be ok on the Saturday??

If the answer if yes, can I share someones vegi bbq please, as I am sure I have read that you cant have bbqs on the grass? :unsure:

I can remember from camping as a kid that we had 2 sets of "iceblocks" and froze one set in the campsite freezer. Does this still happen??

I would eat veggiburgers that had been in a cool box from Friday evening to Sat evening, as long as there was a coolpack in there. Actually, I would eat normal burgers too, as long as they were properly cooked. That's what I'm planning to do with mine.

I don't think it will be *that* hot. Well, it would be nice if it were, but how often does that happen?

cool, thanks I shall bring along some burgers / sausages and bread rolls

and some wine :)

I only have a cool bag but have a couple of big ice blocks to keep things cold.

Like you say, as long as the food is cooked through properly then it will be fine.

I'm not sure we've been doing this often enough to have 'stuff we normally do!'

I think last time Cindy compiled a drinks list, but this time round she is working insanely hard at the mo and I don't think will be in here much before the big event, so I'm thinking probably just bring the kind of stuff we like and we'll improvise wildly and share when we get there.

I'm not bringing a throwaway barbecue, but I am bringing a pile of sossidges, so I'm just hoping someone will have a barbie I can borrow when I get there!

Unless someone wants to make a more coherent plan?

you can share ours if you like. i think we are bringing a couple of disposable too.. :biggrin:

I'm not bringing any food..how lazy! I'm getting chips friday & going to one of the pubs for food on saturday as I just can't be doing with the hassle and am such a picky eater anyway!there is no fridge in the B&B so just going to keep it simple wine in the cool bag, crisps, cakes etc & something weird to donate to the cocktail bar :biggrin: