UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Law Of Attraction

loobie

Oooh flipping heck that is a fair bit to take in :wacko:

what is this NPL that ruth and martin were talking about

I am trying to be more positive. What I am finding hard about all of it is that it feels v selfish to say 'I want...' the one thing I never do is think of myself, my life is thinking of others and I never think of me and am not sure if I would feel comfortable doing it. sorry think i am waffling a bit now :rolleyes:

I'm not going to give a deep and meaningful answer, all I can say, is that some mornings I get up and the sun is shining, and I sit in the garden, and have a cup of coffee, and think how lucky I am, and I'm thankful for what I have. Other days I get up and the sun is shining, and I growl because the sun is in my eyes.

I think what I'm trying to say is, maybe its not positive thinking that brings about good things, but positive thinking helps you be more aware of the good stuff you already have.

mmmm slight word of caution when it comes to finding a good and "proper" NLP course - I'm partially trained as a NLP practitioner it's an extraordinarily valuable "tool" for working with people who have suffered trauma and in my work with traumatised people I dip in and out of some of the techniques and clients often get great help from learning how to reframe their experiences - however - NLP has also been "hijacked" for want of a better word, it's a psychotherapy model but I've come across some Americanised versions which bare little or no real relation to the original concepts and they have been widely used in the workplace with appalling results - I had one hell of a ding dong stand up fight with an American "consultant" who'd been brought into a workplace to "motivate" staff and instead did quite the reverse. Look for a course by all means there should be some good ones around, but make enquiries on what approach they are taking and find out whether the practitioner is also a trained counsellor.

You could also look for Transactional Analysis (TA) courses for long term change personally I think you'd learn and gain far more from going down this route, NLP is a fabulous tool which can and does work, but it's here and now based whereas TA gets you to look at why it is you think and believe the things you do and gets you thinking about whether or not you want to go on thinking like that (simplistic version of what TA does). TA is particularly useful for anyone who tends to feel guilty about things or does stuff because they thing they "should, must or ought" to do it - and then gets a massive case of the guilt's if you don't do those things. It's a slower way of getting to know yourself but because you learn about yourself slowly and really look at the way you think and react it tends to be incredibly revealing and the changes IFFF you want to make them are more lasting.

I believe that you can bring good/bad stuff into your life by your thoughts.

If you are negative I believe you create a negative vibe about yourself because you are feeling crap and cannot see chances for feeling better because of feeling ill/sad/whatever.

Whereas when you are feeling positive you are more open.

I believe in visulisation and have found it works for me and I see no harm whatsoever in trying to make my life better for me as when it is I share my good fortune around.

I do not think of the masses of the world, I practice 'charity begins at home' and help those closest/causes closest to my heart.

I don't think it matters who/what you help as long as you help and not keep it all to yourself.

Louise L. Hay has been a great help to me and to friends I have passed her books onto.

Her belief that we have to stop at some point blaming our parents/guardians for how we turned out and take some responsibility for that ourselves, made me stop and think and realise that quite a lot of the stress I 'drew' to myself was because of my attitudes, not all by certainly some of it.

I think that if you attract good fortune and hang on to it selfishly then that is wrong but if you spread it around then surely everyone around you benefits.

The 'bounty of the universe' is there for everyone.

You could also look for Transactional Analysis (TA) courses for long term change personally I think you'd learn and gain far more from going down this route, NLP is a fabulous tool which can and does work, but it's here and now based whereas TA gets you to look at why it is you think and believe the things you do and gets you thinking about whether or not you want to go on thinking like that (simplistic version of what TA does). TA is particularly useful for anyone who tends to feel guilty about things or does stuff because they thing they "should, must or ought" to do it - and then gets a massive case of the guilt's if you don't do those things. It's a slower way of getting to know yourself but because you learn about yourself slowly and really look at the way you think and react it tends to be incredibly revealing and the changes IFFF you want to make them are more lasting.

TA is what I'm doing with my luffly therapist. I think it's great - for me, anyway :)

I think that if you attract good fortune and hang on to it selfishly then that is wrong but if you spread it around then surely everyone around you benefits.

I think thats a very good way of thinking about

I am very fortunate and I have had some amazing opportunities in my life but I have met most of them all at least half way through hard work or being prepared to take chances ( or very unusual choices ) or making sacrifices in one area or another

I have equally had some pretty shite stuff happen to me ( a lot of which I have never discussed here ) and some stuff that a lot of you do know about. I think again I choose not to it defeat me ( although some of it floored me and even changed me permanently ) but I made a choice not to focus just on the bad stuff ( did wallow a bit ) but I made a choice to be positive and think positive and be positive

there are people who are always glass half empty and do find the negatives in every single thing ( I lived with some one like that once ) and I do think they attract more negative stuff ( like GS says misery loves company ) I don't think that bad things only happen to bad people but I do think negative people can attract more negative stuff to them

• 1 month later...

I believe in the law of attraction 100%, In fact it has bought many great things to my life. Too many to be pure coincidence.

I think there is far more to us as spiritual beings than humans and I love the fact that thinking positively and expecting the good has changed my life so much.

:wink: Its not a load of twaddle :GroupHug: good luck

Sally

personally-im not sure i have a spirititual inner life or even that it exists.

bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people.

a lot of it is circumstances-but i always think:-think positive, go for it-and when in doubt, make a decision either way tis easier to live with the consequences then the fence sitting

i dont think a positive attitude necessarily makes good things happen to you more-but it makes you a more attractive person to others and stops the wallowing in self pity

i dont believe in a paternal universe-or even a vaguely interested universe in me as an individual

positive soul arnt i!!

fee

I dont really follow any belief as such but i live my life with a positive attitude since breaking up with my ex after 9 years, i try to find the up side of every situation. If something negative does happen i just let it go and trust that something good is to come and even out the balance. My motto in life now is "You make your choices, you bear the results!"

If somebody does something bad that effects me i just let it go as i think what goes around comes around and i dont need the negative energy.

I have tattoo's on my wrists that say Cause & Effect too :)

I believe in it. I believe you get what you focus on...either negative like your fears or positive things you want.

I also believe you have to be specific when asking for something !

I wanted a camera and was spending time thinking about one. What I didn't specify was I wanted a Canon EOS DSLR. Instead I was offered a camera in my knee after falling over a tearing ligaments (which I declined) I do have the right camera now !

I wanted a camera and was spending time thinking about one. What I didn't specify was I wanted a Canon EOS DSLR. Instead I was offered a camera in my knee after falling over a tearing ligaments (which I declined) I do have the right camera now !

Funny you should mention that. Back in May when my head was spinning and I didn't know where to move to or if I should stay put and get someone to share, I distinctly remember saying to a friend that I hadn't a clue which direction to go with my life and needed some kind of pointer.

Some kind of pointer turned up very unexpectedly in early June :wub: :laugh: not exactly what I meant but certainly what we needed here.

Funny you should mention that. Back in May when my head was spinning and I didn't know where to move to or if I should stay put and get someone to share, I distinctly remember saying to a friend that I hadn't a clue which direction to go with my life and needed some kind of pointer.

Some kind of pointer turned up very unexpectedly in early June :wub: :laugh: not exactly what I meant but certainly what we needed here.

:ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: :wub: Glad you were happy with the pointer you were sent :)

And glad the right camera arrived :flowers:

I definitely agree with being specific and also in being careful what you wish for :flowers:

I wished I could be made redundant a few years ago now, just a casual comment one morning as I was headed off to work and not look forward to it - and shortly after I was, most unexpectedly. Turned out to be a huge blessing but was rather scary at the time.

Other things have happened too. One involving a small puppy coming home at nine weeks rather than eight.

I believe in it. I believe you get what you focus on...either negative like your fears or positive things you want.

My thoughts are similar.

Aak and you shall be given - may not always be exactly what you asked for - more what you need.

Edited by Kathyw