UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tied To A Bench

Jimcoted

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it legal for the police to allow you to take him before his 7 days is up? So glad that he is with you and not at Battersea tho.x

I think its ok so long as police register all the dog and finders details and the finder takes every step possible to find the owners, that way, after 28 days, the finder can ask to have the dog made their "property" :)

• 4 weeks later...

It is now four weeks since we took Max in and he has blossomed, From being nervous of people he is now great with them, loves kids and from hating a car now screams to be first in then turns and attacks Zack as he tries to get in!! He is starting to fill out and his ear problems have gone. It has been confirmed that he was probably there all night long first seen at 5.35 am by somebody who was frightened of large dogs but did phone the police.

That poor poor boy, having been left like that, he must have been so frightened! :( No wonder he came across as "vicious" to anyone who doesn't know dogs! So glad he's ended up with you though, sounds like he's landed from hell into heaven :) :) Well done to all involved :liebe94:

We were talking about this the other day and there are actually only two of us who would have approached him. Us and our mate Peter who has GSD's and is in no way worried about them in fact the first time he met Max, which was that very afternoon as he approached the car Max was screaming and snarling at him but Peter just opened the back door grabbed Max's lead and snout and said "Oh shut up" they have been mates ever since. As for settling in he now waits for his thin cheesy biscuits, ginger nuts, Vanilla ice cream and mini pork pie of a night with the other two. It still dumbfounds me who anyone can just tie him to a bench and then walk away. The Mayhew Animal Home is only up the road they could have left him outside there at least knowing he would have been cared for but clearly they didn't care about him. I am so pleased it was us who found him because he has a forever home here and I think he now knows this.

Jim

Glad to hear he's safe and it sounds like he's landed on his feet. What I can't understand is, if somebody had phoned police earlier, why had the police not gone and picked him up. Mind you if they had you wouldn't have found him. :biggrin:

:) so glad that the update is good news. What a lucky boy to have been found and taken in by you. :flowers: The outcome could have been very different if the police had got there first as I believe they are allowed to shoot dogs that appear vicious. x Edited by ranirottie

We let him off the lead for the first time yesterday. With some trepidation because he has shown "an interest" in joggers and cyclists while he has been on the flexi, we have the professional massively long one. We need not have worried because he has been an absolute angel, running around with four other dogs, visiting others and even crossing to a bench where two men were sitting (my heart was pounding at this point because it was the next bench up from where he was found) but he just nuzzled his head between the two of them for a fuss and then came trotting back. I will remember the camera over the weekend and get a couple of pictures of him

I tend to agree with those who felt his future would have been bleak to non existent had we not copped for him. He was presenting very badly when we walked up, barking and snarling as I approached but I called my old Maggie over and she is so laid back. Huge black long coat bear. She lay down by him so I was talking to her and him alternatively. "Isn't he noisy Maggie?" "You could come with us if you shut up" etc and he did calm down considerably BUT had we not been there and a copper approaching in a uniform I think would have freaked him so his 'capture' would have been mechanical and the report given to Battersea negative. Big dog, unknown quantity, screaming at people. Thank god we arrived at the right time and that the angel Jeane was at the other end of the phone.