UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ollie Update - Pathology Results Are Back

selina

Sadly it's not great news.

Just to recap, Ollie had a growth come up on the side of his nose, very hard, when the vet took him in for an exploratory it was confirmed the growth was made of bone and growing out from one of his incisor roots, she removed it immediately because Ollie wasn't showing signs of pain but it was showing signs of also becoming infected :(

Pathology has been passing it around tha lab apparently because there were several different types of cell present that they couldn't identify :unsure: but there were cancer cells present for sure, they couldn't tell us wether it was benign or malignant because of the various cells present so now we play the guessing game and wait and see what happens.

We can sedate and x-ray in three weeks to see if there is regrowth which will tell us if the cancer is aggressive and have more of an idea of what we are dealing with or we just wait and see.

I really hope I'm being paranoid but I think I can feel a small bump already forming on the original site, the vet did say originally that if cancer cells were present the chances are it would spread rapidly even though she was confident she had removed all of that current mass.

Sorry Cindy, I had a feeling it wouldn't be good news. :mecry:

The good side is he is very well in himself, and running and playing happily still so I don't think he is in any pain, although this could well be what has triggered the dementia type symptoms he's been showing.

So sorry the news wasn't what you'd hoped for, and what we'd all had our fingers crossed for.

But as you say, Ollie is happy in himself and doesn't know anything about what his poor mum is going through.

Robbie would send him great Gobby barks :unsure: , but 've told him it should be one of his sweet talky howls instead :rolleyes: but then again... perhaps not :laugh:

Remmi & Robbie send him cheese and 'go away nasty cells' thoughts.

Roz & Co

still with everything crossed

• 2 weeks later...