UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bum Wibble

Alison

You'll have to invest in some sytlish wear to cover up your shaved bits - or else flaunt them wildly to put them off their food and give it to you :wink:

There's no going for a cover up job on these, so he's taken your advice and decided to flaunt. Style guru to a ginger hound eh, Billydog :wink: It can surely only be a matter of time before Trinny, Ninny and that nuddy bloke (Gok?) are knocking at your door!

Wound3.jpg

Wound2.jpg

Wound1.jpg

The bum wound was horrendously gory yesterday but the blood has dried and rubbed off during the night. He's got clean blankets for tonight that I boiled without any washing powder just to be sure that there's nothing that might irritate his raw bits.

He was such a good boy about taking his tablets this morning (no treats needed or anything). This situation will change later after his Dad has been shopping. He asked me what I'd permit treat-wise for tablet purposes and although Sol will take his meds anyway, I sanctioned a jar of meat paste. I notice that on the shopping list this has somehow translated as "foie gras - Waitrose" :rolleyes:

He enjoyed his morning walk, is eating and drinking well and wearing his lampshade in a very jaunty fashion so fingers crossed that recovery continues to be this promising.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no going for a cover up job on these, so he's taken your advice and decided to flaunt. Style guru to a ginger hound eh, Billydog :wink: It can surely only be a matter of time before Trinny, Ninny and that nuddy bloke (Gok?) are knocking at your door!

:ohmy: I don't think I can cope with the responsibility of contributing to the fashion choices of the Ginga One :ohmy:

And especially if it means being invaded by Tranny and Gok etc!

Glad Sol is doing well - his wounds look sore :GroupHug:

Will continue to think of the Ginga One and his mum :GroupHug:

Tomorrow is D-Day for stitch removal and pronouncement of test results on the lumps. They went off to the laboratory the day after Sol had his op and as I've heard nothing from the vet, I'm presuming (hoping with all my heart) that this indicates that there's nothing sinister about them.

Our Reiki friends here have been sending healing and our non-Reiki friends have posted such kind and positive messages which I'm certain have made all the difference :flowers:

Sol has breezed through his recovery, even after his course of painkillers stopped at the weekend, and I've felt very optimistic and relaxed about things. My customary default would be panic so desperate that I'd need scraping off the ceiling! He had the last of his antibiotics on Tuesday and the wounds look so healthy and clean - definitely no local infection. He's well in himself in every way so I've no reason to suspect that he has a temperature or anything which might indicate internal infection.

He's such a good lad :wub: I explained why it was vital that he didn't lick his stitches and he understood completely. As a consequence, he hasn't had to wear the lampshade collar at all apart from the first night and the morning after. I'm relieved as I was worried that it might chafe the wound on his neck. On the other hand, I did have plans to decorate it in style......... :laugh:

I also explained the restricted exercise business to him and he's not only understood that too but seems to have positively enjoyed it. Instead of belting around after squirrels in the fields, we've been like Darby and Joan pottering through the village and catching up on all the gossip.

Will update tomorrow, and thanks again to everyone for thinking about us :flowers:

Edited by Alison

Nope, nothing sinister about the lumps! :elefant: :cheer: :jumpy:

Focal adnexal dysplasia according to the test results and nothing to worry about.

The vet is delighted with Sol's recovery - not half as much as I am though! :biggrin:

I had a eureka moment last night and thought of a good use for the lampshade collar which he hasn't needed to wear. I took it out with us on our morning walk to see if the idea would work. He's so used to being my muse that he insisted on donning it for a photo! :laugh: Unworn for 10 days but the minute the camera comes out and he discovers that it isn't focused on him................ :rolleyes:

IMG_9421.jpg

I was actually experimenting to try and find a way of stopping flower petals blowing in the breeze without excluding light. I have to bow to Sol's superior knowledge (yet again) and agree that he looks far more beautiful than the rose I was trying to capture :wub:

Thanks again to everyone for thinking about us both :flowers: