UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Website Treasure Hunt

Lydford

Listen up me'hearties!!! :rambo:

For all you lovely would be pirates,and explorers out there ( or even just 'normal' Oldies Club supporters!) the Oldies Club has hidden some wonderful treasure for YOU to find and win.

Hidden amongst the pages and paragraphs of the Oldies Club website, are answers to questions which will lead you to hidden treasure. Find the secrets which will unlock the treasure chest, then use your wit and wisdom, to convince the keepers of the treasure, to hand the prize to you, and you alone!

The secret Oldies Club treasure hidden in the website is a yummy 'Hamper' containing various items of Green & Blacks Chocolate - so get hunting!

For full details and and how to enter please see the Oldies Club website - www.oldies.org.uk

Good Luck !!!! :bigzoro:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fine for me too - Kathy can you try downloading it again just to see if it was a glitch on the first attempt? It is in Word - but what version of Word do you have on your computer, just in case your pc has an older version that is preventing it from opening properly.

When I bought the laptop it had the latest version pre-installed - however I just went to have a lookie and there is no 'mode' for Vista which I have on here. Latest one available is XP. Is that what is causing the problem?

Instead of words etc yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhcbdhd jdmcndk uskk type thing.

Word is part of the Office suite, are you using Word or Works Kathy??

That's what I was going to ask Kathy, is it definitely Microsoft Word you have? (You often have to pay separately for Office, which includes Word, Excel etc. I know I did with my last laptop.)

The document is fine to open in XP so it won't be that causing the problem :flowers:

I have Vista :( I have works with word on it. I don't want the office 2007 as it has lots of stuff that I will never use so is pointless to me to buy for just one part of it.

Having a re-install later and I have found the xp cd for the last laptop I had - so I am going to ask dell chapppie if I can put xp on here instead of vista.

I never had any problems with documents when I had xp yet with vista I cannot open any of the documents I had on my desktop (xp).

I also have works 2004 and I may install that on here instead along with the XPSE as I prefer it.

Kathy, I have Vista too and the document opens fine for me. I am a bit confused about whether you have Microsoft Word or not though, as Works is the programme that comes free with Windows, whereas Microsoft Office, which includes Word, is usually something you buy separately.

Don't worry, we will find a way for you to enter (which might have to involve a printer, an envelope and a stamp at this rate :biggrin: )

If the version of Works you've got won't open any of your old files, it's probably the same problem with this file.

This document definitely will open in Vista, that's what I'm using, but I don't know anything about Works or whether it is designed to handle .doc files. Does it give an error message of any kind?

You could try http://download.openoffice.org/ , if you don't mind fiddling about a bit - Open Office is similar to Microsoft Office, only it's a free download. I like it.

Edited by cycas

On my Works 2004 it has word and it wasn't free, it also had lots of stuff I don't use.

When I bought this laptop it had Works 2007 installed.

I am going to ask the technician if I can install XP on here and then I will install my Works 2004 and hopefully I will be able to read all my old documents.

Ah, I think this is how it goes;

Works and word are both "typewriter" style applications

Works 2004 is Works Suite 2004 which is a package with lots of things in it including Word and Works (plus encarta etc)

Office 2007 comes with Word, Excel, powerpoint and I can't remember the rest....

I never knew that there was a Works Suite as opposed to just Works so I have learnt something new today and is the reason you could open word document before which is what was confusing me :flowers:

and side tracked the pirates sorry :flowers:

Thank you :flowers: