UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ha Ha Akira Has Had It Now

Fiona711

Some of you will know Akira hates getting brushed with a passion , she turns into a different dog completely when she sees me with a brush in my hand , first she tries to run then she fights like a demon and i am exhausted fighting with her .

I have tried everything from rawhide chews to loads of nice cooked chicken and she just will not stay still for me , she can be an angel for other people but shes like a dog possesed when i try to groom her .

I suppose i should have known not to turn it into a battle of wills with her , shes very much a typical Pyr very independant and strong willed so i think i have found the solution thanks to Di (Helly) I ordered this this morning and i cant wait for it to arrive

akirasgroomingtable.jpg

I have tried a couple of professional groomers which have been a total disaster so i thought it was time i tackled the problem head on , as trying to hold her and brushing her is a nightmare

I am so glad Storm loves getting brushed as theres no way i could lift him onto the table to get him done , i will probably struggle with Madam once she realized the table means getting brushed :laugh: :laugh:

Fiona xx

She weighs about 45 Kilos Jane so it could be fun right , i might have to enlist the help of a friend or two :rolleyes:

Mind you if i set it up in the livingroom , the little madam manges to get onto my coffee table so i suppose a step up from that wouldnt be too bad :laugh: :laugh:

It might be a good idea to set it up next to a wall because i am sure when she realizes whats coming she will try to make her get a way :unsure:

Fiona xx

Fiona, don't want to spoil your anticipated fun, but I have heard stories of dogs hanging themselves when they jumped off that table while their heads were stuck in one of them nooses! This has come from a groomer I know, who refuses to use the contraption. I've heard she's had various dogs coming in who were absolutely traumatised by the experience :unsure:

Thanks Billy , dont worry she wont get the chance to hang herself i will be with her at all times while shes on the table or knowing madam she would try to jump off , and i will make sure theres somebody else around to give me a hand until she gets used to it :flowers:

Of course i will need somebody to help me get her onto the table in the first place , i just better mind and not let her see a brush in my hand or i will be too tired chasing her around the house to attemot to lift her .

Fiona xx

Fiona, don't want to spoil your anticipated fun, but I have heard stories of dogs hanging themselves when they jumped off that table while their heads were stuck in one of them nooses! This has come from a groomer I know, who refuses to use the contraption. I've heard she's had various dogs coming in who were absolutely traumatised by the experience :unsure:

we find that any dog who even attempts to move from its position while being groomed gets the added belly strap put on so its secure at both ends. The proper nooses are have like a loops that slides up and down so you should be able to open the noose in 1/2 a second and get the dog out anyway if you have the right nooses on the t bar or h bar.