UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bl**dy Hayfever

Pingu

have been using the upthenosethingy for a few days and so far it seems to be working :unsure:

maybe its all in my mind but if it stops me sneezing and my eyes watering I don't care how or why it works

ooh and I do look proper stupid with it stuck up my hooter glowing red

:laugh: :laugh: and the pics are where? :unsure: :laugh:

There's an organic product - some kind of balm I think - advertised in the photography magazine I get. I'll dig out the details in case it's of use, am going to order some for Rob and see if it helps.

I have tried that haymax pollen barrier stuff. I'm not sure about it yet cos it is grass that gets me though and that is only just starting.

I've already been to the docs for my usual stuff. I get the tablets that pilots have because they are non drowsy. The other ones used to turn me into a zombie after weeks of taking them non stop.

My worst year was 2003. I was so snotty that when I spoke, no talking came out - I just gurgled. Then by mid July I was so congested that both my ear drums swelled up in the evening. Next morning I was screaming my head off... we went to docs and they said they would both pop. A couple of hours later they did pop. I spent about a month unable to hear what people were saying - they sounded as if they were underwater. My hearing is a bit dodgy ever since.

I am really suffering today , :(

in the last 24 hours its been worse than ever before. dogs are one the ( many ) things that set my allergies off and generally I can cope with it by taking anti histamines , using hopi ear candles , taking showers ( steam sometimes works ) , air filters in the house , dyson with hepa filters, prongs up the nose thingy etc

Its odd because I don't always get a reaction to dogs but once I do its an all day thing , yesterday I popped in to mums and within minutes of sitting next to Zoe I started and its not stopped yet ( sneezing , eyes watering , nose watering , pressure headache that makes it hard to stand )

one day I can be fine with a dog and the next day not , generally the longer I have known a dog the better I am but once something has tipped me over the edge I am sensitive to every thing

I am now holed up in my bedroom as my own dogs are currently making me sneeze, ( they don't come into the bedroom ) the minute that I leave the room I am getting a reaction

Noah is outside my bedroom door and can't understand why I hiding from him

:mecry:

:GroupHug: Sam :GroupHug:

I wonder if something has changed since yesterday as Rob hadn't really had any hayfever until yesterday and then it kicked off and he does suffer rather badly :( I hadn't managed to buy him a nose thingie as for some reason I couldn't get into the site when I tried, will give it another go in a mo.

I gave him Reiki this morning for about 15 mins before he went off to rehearsal as he had started sneezing again and it stopped him sneezing and he hasn't sneezed since and that was about 8 hours ago, which is good going. Reiki always helps (him) - even when other things haven't. Maybe worth looking into Reiki? I will send you Reiki too :flowers:

Ange shortly after you posted you had sent Reiki I finally started to feel better and was able to venture out of the bedroom so a huge thank you :flowers:

I will Pm you in the week as I am very intrested in learning myself

Sam

Fab :flowers:

Rob hasn't sneezed since about 10 am so he's chuffed too! :)

I don't want to jinx myself, but mysteriously, I have been ok so far this year.

I'd normally be shut in the house at the weekend, on full meds, windows shut, air purifier on etc and still really ill. Dunno what is going on... (not that I'm complaining)