• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sun 11 May

High tide is at 1103 and 2326

Low tide 0504 and 1722

Brean Beach

Brean Beach is part of a six mile length of beach with sand dunes and firm sand, which is the second longest stretch of sand in Europe. The beach is great for families wanting

Ice creams and fast food are often sold on the beach at the car park area in spring and summer.

At low tide a wide exposure of soft sand and mud is exposed leading to the water's edge, but note that it is very dangerous to approach the water at low tide. The beach is patrolled by wardens from May 1st to September 30th. Dogs are welcome on this beach. Vehicles can park on this beach during the day in designated parking areas. Horse riding is also allowed. Visitors should respect the warning notices about the dangers of mud along this beach.

With this in mind I think we should meet half way between low and high tide so shall we say a 12.30pm meet so we have plenty of time with the tide going out or if people want to meet up with the terrier meet we can do that (what sort of walk is it by the lighthouse?)

Either way I need to have final arrangements in place by Friday so I can let Ball Bouncing Bailey know :biggrin:

Just quickly added Petra says Brean's beach is so big the tide is always out so we can meet any time what do you think? Anyone else know much about Brean.

we took the kids to brean lesuire park yesterday its not all that far from us, i might be able to come with the dreaded max and ben, technically they arnt oldies :unsure: and i promise not to go face first in the sea this time :rolleyes: i will let you know if i can come or not tomorrow when i see hubby, hes unfortunatly done a bunk, as hes very upset, we lost our oldie this evening :mecry:

So sorry to hear that phoenix, that's really sad.

I hope you can make it to Brean with hubby it may be just what you need and remember Ruf and Titch aren't oldies either so it's an oen meet, and I promise not to laugh if you fall in again, but I do promise to have the camera pointing in your direction at all times :devil: