UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Up For A Brean Sands Meet

selina

This sounds lovely, and only 1hr 10 from me in Bath - just need to check if OH will either come along or feel neglected if I go without him for the day! (Also, supposed to be working on the campervan so its up together for the camping weekend..

But tentatively a yes from me and 3 oldies! :biggrin:

xx

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will make sure my camera is never far from you and your walk at the sea :D

Shall we say 12.30 on Brean Sands?

i shall try NOT to give a repeat performance :D

Phoenix :GroupHug: and I'm seriously impressed you managed to find the sea at Brean - we usually find just mud no matter what time we get there :laugh:

good, so less for me to dive into......... wellies, and a towel for the dogs then :laugh: can someone give me idiot proof directions, coz i is fick :blush:

thanks for all your hugs they really mean alot,

Not sure if I can make both walks, will depend pretty much on the weather, would certainly like to. I have details of how to find it on my laptop at home so will post tonight if no-one else does.

Yes there is one car park at Brean Sands - it's the beach.

Directions for Brean Sands:

Junction 22 off the M5. Northwards go left, Southwards go right.

Head towards Burnham/Berrow/Brean

It is approx 5 miles from the motorway junction to the beach but feels like far more.

At the roundabout - follow signs for the above mentioned.

From the roundabout, keep following signs for Brean.

Keep on the road and you will go through Burnham, Berrow and see signs for Brean Sands.

Keep going.

Eventually you will see a beach carpark on the left with booths. Ignore this and keep going.

Then you see Pontins and the Brean Leasure park on the right.

Keep going.

The road narrows, and you pass lots of bungalows.

Shortly you get to a sigh saying Beach car park on the left. There is a caravan park on the right. Turn left and go down a ramp onto the beach,there are toilets and an attendants hut on your left.

Park on the sand.

Not sure what parking fees are – but probably about £1.50 or so.

There is as far as I recall fresh water available in the toilets fopr the dogs but be prepared and make sure you have plenty available just in case.

ok, 12.30 it is for me, daughter hayleigh, max and ben, can i just remind whoever else is going that hasnt come across me and max before, that max dosnt know how to introduce himself to other dogs and is very in-yer-face at first, so i would be very gratefull if you could give max a wide birth to start off with, (he will be the big black one giving it lots of mouth :rolleyes: )

thanks muchly :flowers:

Hooray, glad you're going to be able to make it, looking forward to meeting Max again, and as you already know Ollie is just the same. :ninja:

I'll see you all tomorrow at about 12.30.

Thanks for the directions, I'm going to need those, just off to do an AA routeplanner now to see how long it's going to take me.

I've also invited a friend of mine along she's going to be bringing some other Welshie Springers, just so you can all see it's not just Ollie and Rufus that are gobby welshies, I'm hoping she's going to be bringing a very special girl along to, her little 16 week old girlie :bigheart3:

There's only one ar little Lou Lou will be leaving in tomorrow if not Sue's and that's mine, pmsl.

I think Sue's going to be keeping her very close by her side tomorrow she knows the kidnap plan's I've been making ever since I first saw her.

See ya there 12.30pm - transport is a nightmare at the mo:

Amber and Barney would prefer not to travel together

Ben does not want to share his space with anyone

Ben should really use the ramp so he can only travel in the back

Freddie gets all worked up if she travels in a harness on the backseat, she is best in the crate in the back...

but Ben does not want to share his space with anyone.....