UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rosie

ranirottie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosie is coming on in leaps and bounds, trots/waddles/lollops about over the field now and is alert and interested in everything. She has a permanantly wagging tail, does the typical rottie growly chat and has a nice shiny coat. She is a real love that is enjoying her life of relaxed luxury but she is not keen on kids and just bit my 13 year old grandson Arron. She was lying across the hallway and he went to step over her, she growled,lunged and snapped all at the same time. It is not a bad bite but serious enough. She snapped at my 10 year old grandson Alfie when she first came but I put that sown to stress. So now my grandkids are not allowed near her unless I am there with them.It is a shame because the lady who was interested in her has grandkids too . I am going to have to slowly reintroduce her to kids and see how we get on. :( Apart from that, she is a lovely happy girl who is no trouble. x

just to add that Arron has been so good and is helping me work with Rosie even tho she bit him. He now doesn't run near her, calls her name as he approaches her so that she is aware that he is there and pats her and talks to her as he goes past and he does this every time. I think he just made her jump and her automatic reaction was to lunge and bite but that is a serious thing to deal with if there are kids around. Kids are always forgetting and running about so she needs to learn not to do that. I think the other people kept her muzzled most of the time as she has deep tracts in her fur each side of her face where a strap has obviously been. Poor girl. But she is now wagging her tail at Arron when he approaches her so we are moving forward. There is no need to move her Cindy, all my grandkids are dog savvy and do as they are told,we have just gone back a couple of steps but that often happens . We will sort it. She will learn that kids can be nice.x

just to add that Arron has been so good and is helping me work with Rosie even tho she bit him. He now doesn't run near her, calls her name as he approaches her so that she is aware that he is there and pats her and talks to her as he goes past and he does this every time. I think he just made her jump and her automatic reaction was to lunge and bite but that is a serious thing to deal with if there are kids around. Kids are always forgetting and running about so she needs to learn not to do that. I think the other people kept her muzzled most of the time as she has deep tracts in her fur each side of her face where a strap has obviously been. Poor girl. But she is now wagging her tail at Arron when he approaches her so we are moving forward. There is no need to move her Cindy, all my grandkids are dog savvy and do as they are told,we have just gone back a couple of steps but that often happens . We will sort it. She will learn that kids can be nice.x

Please tell Aron thank you very much for giving her a helping hand :flowers:

Always here if you need me

Cindy