UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Furminator

Lainey

Musky has now been furminated :ohmy:

Sorry, I didn't do pictures, but I ended up with a HUGE carrier bag full of hair. I started to wonder if I was going to end up with a whippet after all by the time I'd finished :laugh:

He's all sleek and shiny and handsome now :wub:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have to get one of these. Where's the cheapest place to get them from? I've got large collie/lab sized dogs but was thinking a small one would be ok?

I *may* be putting one in the auction... a medium one :wink:

This is what came off Dudley :unsure:

Thur8508014.jpg

Excellent result from a short haired doggie

Here he is resting after he got furminated :)

Thur8508015.jpg

It hasnt got the same results from Rio, but she has much shorter hair- and was wet and dirty from her walk :wacko:

So glad you started this thread cos I have been looking at getting one but because of cost I wanted to wait for some reviews!

If it works for Dudly then I'm sure it'll work on a boxer and 4 rotts .... will have to wait for payday though :(

I just googled what a Furminator is. Genuine questions, albeit maybe a bit dense on my part...

1) How is it any different to using something like a zoom groom (rubber brush thingy)?

2) Would it be particularly effective on greyhounds?

3) Can it/should it be used on cats?

:flowers:

1) How is it any different to using something like a zoom groom (rubber brush thingy)?

It is designed to go right through the coat and remove lose dead hair from the coat , i know as my dogs have a double coat and their undercoat is very dense it works really well for them , i have never used a zoom groom so i really dont know the difference sorry :flowers:

2) Would it be particularly effective on greyhounds?

I Dont have greyhounds but i am sure if worked well for a boxer it would do the same job on a Greyhound :)

3) Can it/should it be used on cats?

I dont see any reason why i could not be used on a cat as long as you were gentle with it , I think it would depend on the coat , i know it works very well on Storm but i have not yet tried it on Akira whos coat is so much finer and softer than Storms .

You might be better checking out their website and asking about cats though as i am no expert and have never owned a cat so really i have'nt been much help have i ? :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Fiona xx

Peachy I got mine for my very small old cat and it works really well, it got out a lot more hair than the ZoomGroom, although she didn't mind getting it done she didn't go all squdgy like she does with the ZG, tbh I felt I got more out of the dogs ( Staffies ) with the ZG but that might just be that they aren't moulting quite so much just now.