UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I've Just Spent The Last Hour In Tears......

phoebejo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: for you all. Having just hadmy Penny pts I can so feel for you. My experience was different, but I still understand your Mums anguish. I cried when I had to drive by the vets the other day. I had to pay the consultation fee too, the vet didn't examine Penny as I told him exactly what I wanted, but I was still charged.

:GroupHug: for your Mum again

Felt really angry when I read this . :mad: Your poor mum shouldn't have had to go through this and Rio shouldn't have been left to suffer.

I'd be tempted to go to the surgery and tell them in front of their customers what a crap service they run. Its not like it was a Sunday or late at night.

Ali

• 2 weeks later...

The practice manager called mum on Monday night but she was at work so they said they'd write her a letter. It arrived yesterday morning and was full of excuses and quite frankly was bulls poop. One of the little gems was that a ten minute car ride wouldn't be distressing to any animal. Well for one unused to a car it bloody would be! My own vets are literally a two minute drive away and most of my cats go beserk in the car, wailing as if I were chopping off a limb. Mums vets is more than ten minutes away, more like fifteen, but that's besides the point, Rio hated cars and was quite happy to be carried in his carrier to the surgery at the end of the road. They've refunded the consultation fee but mum is so cross at the rest of the letter she says she'll be contacting them again. She says Rio was her priority for years yet it seems on the day he needed help the vets thought of pound signs, not Rio.

What utter b*****ks. A 10 minute car journey is enough to have one of mine messing his carrier in terror, and he cries all the way. You are not telling me that a house trained cat of impeccable habits poos when he's in a small box and can't bury it, because he's having fun.

Those vets need a slap.

They should not even be attempting to make excuses for their lack of care. They should have more compassion and realise they are discussing a sensitive issue here. They deal with cats on a daily basis. They know darn well how a cat feels about travelling in a car. Even I know they don't like it and I've never had a cat. Send another letter.

B*ll**ks, write to them again, ain't they animal lovers, don't they know what some animals are like when in cars. Sounds like the letter was full of excuses and excuses are not good enough :mad: :mad: They obviously thought refunding the fee was enough, and I'm sure it's not the money it's the upset caused to both your mum and her beloved Rio :(

What utter b*****ks. A 10 minute car journey is enough to have one of mine messing his carrier in terror, and he cries all the way. You are not telling me that a house trained cat of impeccable habits poos when he's in a small box and can't bury it, because he's having fun.

Those vets need a slap.

Totally agree.

It's not about the money,it's an apology you want,why don't they get it? :angry:

:GroupHug: I think sadly, because as I said early it just becomes routine & about money to some of them.

I was recently told of a vet giving out words of "wisdom" on dogs / certain condition to their owners but in fact ringing someone else (who isn't a vet) for the answer & admitting that they'd personally never actually owned a dog. I can only wonder whether any of your Mums vets are actually cat owners?

Personally, if I were your Mum I'd probably not bother writing to them / upsetting herself anyfurther but would definitely be looking for a more compassionate vets for any future companions needs.