• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help with what some of these plants are :unsure:

No idea

ElainesCybershotPics449.jpg

I know this is lavender and it smells lovely

ElainesCybershotPics452.jpg

Need suggestions for this spot, was gonna do a rock type garden thing but have done nothing yet :rolleyes:

ElainesCybershotPics451.jpg

Some sort of rose :unsure:

ElainesCybershotPics435-1.jpg

No idea what this is

ElainesCybershotPics434-1.jpg

No idea on this either

ElainesCybershotPics440-1.jpg

Fushcia

ElainesCybershotPics443-1.jpg

No idea

ElainesCybershotPics439-1.jpg

No idea

ElainesCybershotPics437-1.jpg

Monster daisies :ohmy:

ElainesCybershotPics446-1.jpg

Hydrangea

ElainesCybershotPics444-1.jpg

There are more things blooming since those piccies were taken so must get camera out again.

Ooh, is it gorgeous :biggrin: Can you share :flowers:

It is :biggrin: Big thanks to Sam & Mark Squigg who won it in a Refuge auction aaaages ago and gave it to me for a housewarming pressie. And thanks, of course, to Helen for donating it in the first place :flowers:

GardenPlananon.jpg

Does anyone have any experience of slate chippings and dogs? It's the one thing I'm a bit worried about :unsure:

Edited by ClazUK

It is :biggrin: Big thanks to Sam & Mark Squigg who won it in a Refuge auction aaaages ago and gave it to me for a housewarming pressie. And thanks, of course, to Helen for donating it in the first place :flowers:

Does anyone have any experience of slate chippings and dogs? It's the one thing I'm a bit worried about :unsure:

We have slate chippings: they seem to be better than gravel for the dogs feet because they lie flat, and the edges are really not that sharp as they've all sort of blunted from tumbling together.

The only thing I'd say is that slate gets astoundingly hot in the sun - much hotter than most other stones. I have some slate tiles in a sunny spot and really can't walk on them when it's hot.

We have slate chippings: they seem to be better than gravel for the dogs feet because they lie flat, and the edges are really not that sharp as they've all sort of blunted from tumbling together.

and exactly for that reason I like them too :wink:

You could of course use slate paving, in the same colours, but it depends how 'rich' you are :laugh:

and 'no' you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the rest.... :D

Glad you like it Claire :flowers:

You could of course use slate paving, in the same colours, but it depends how 'rich' you are :laugh:
Not very, as you know :laugh: I will have to go slate fondling over the weekend. I love the colour idea, I'm just worried about stooopid Sky getting stuck on one of the islands cos of her sensitive sloooki feet :rolleyes: Do you think they'd let me stand her in a sack of chippings if I asked nicely? :unsure:

Is it in the post now? Is it? Is it? :pinkie: