UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jasper Pictures

GSDFan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww bless - a GSD x Newfie or Portugese Waterdog (or whatever they're called) :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Jackie - he's truly lovely but I don't envy you if he thinks the pond is for him too - we've had visiting dogs like that and they don't stay dry and clean for 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Jasper reminds me very much of Ebony who we rehomed a couple of years ago - except Ebs didn't have a curly coat :wub: I'm sure he's going to have a wonderful life now he's found you.

We've been at work today and he has been ever so good and was very, very pleased to see us when we came home.

Pete is taking him out every morning for about 3/4 hour and we have been taking him to the forest as well for about 1 1/2 hours. Tonight though I decided to do some road walking, instead of forest, because he has to learn not to pull on the lead.

He did very well really and I think he'll soon learn with a bit of patience.

I also did a bit of obedience heelwork with him, only about 10 minutes of training and he did manage about 4 steps of lovely heelwork.

It's a joy to train a dog which is so toy obsessed, he's too old now for serious obedience work which is a shame I think he would have done very well in the right hands. I've no intention of getting serious about obedience training with him but as he learns so quickly I'm going to teach him the basics of obedience and probably some simple Working Trials stuff, such as searching and tracking.

Well if you can do anything about his lead walking you'll have my every respect!!! :laugh: :laugh: I'm used to leading 1/2 ton of horse and it's nothing like Jasper on a lead!!! :laugh: :laugh: That's one very strong dog!! I think Sue found a new deep love for her TRPD figure of 8 lead with this fella!! :wink:

It is a shame when you realise the potential that was/is in him, if only the 'people' that had him first had been of the same mind as you Jackie. :mecry:

He is so, so beautiful Jackie :wub: Coming on really quickly too in every way by the sounds of things. I love "just for fun no pressure" obedience games and hope that you and Jasper enjoy them as much as me and Sol do; they've bonded us in a way that I can't imagine anything else doing. I'm thrilled that you found each other - fate surely had a hand in it.

What do you think might be in his mix genetically? :unsure: From both appearance and fish pond behaviour, surely at least a bit of Irish Water Spaniel! :D

Jackie its a whole week now since we delivered Jaspling to you. It sounds like he is settling in well. We do miss him here but I am sure he has now found his niche with you and Pete.

Great to hear that you are giving him some no pressure training I know he is a quick learner and will do anything for the promise of a game of ball.

I am so glad that he has found such a good home and have no doubt at all that he is well loved.

PS Give him a kiss and hug from Steve and I.

XXX