UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Charlie, French Bulldog

EGAR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This little boy is so adorable, he is full of character and loves people, really affectionate little lad. He has been to visit us as his fosterer lives nearby and we have not seen any sign of aggression, my dog hated him but he didn't bat an eyelid, just totally ignored him.

His personality is something else, in the right home he will be a fantastic dog.

maxagain051.jpg

The people interested think its better to wait till they get their early retirement so Max is still looking

maxagain048.jpg

He has settled really well into our home. True to his breed he makes hardly any noise, I have only heard him bark once! He sure does snuffle well though and parp....well he is world class at that!!! :laugh:

He loves going out and jumps around all excited as soon as his harness is in sight. Onlead he walks nicely but has no concept of roads etc, he's learning :)

Whilst onlead he has seen a cat and squirrels which he was very keen on. When we have met other dogs he hasn't even given them a second look, whilst talking to a friend outside a grooming parlour he just sat next to me and watched the dogs going in without batting an eye lid.

He loves a belly rub and will happily sit next to you on the sofa - and roll around and fall off :rolleyes:

Loves playing with toys be them kongs, tennis balls, rope tuggers or sons fave cuddly toy :rolleyes:

Happily can be left and will curl up and sleep.

Everyone who meets him seems drawn to him - he is such a character!! :wub:

• 2 months later...

Max (was Charlie) is very complex and not straight forward for rehoming sadly

I have seen his aggressive side and although I wasnt on the receiving end i can see the damage he could/can do in the wrong setting.

Although he is fine here with my 3 he does have a love/hate relationship with my yorkie and they have come to blows twice. Both times Max has backed down when I have stepped in and he hasnt been the one starting the aggro.

Whilst out on walks he has gained confidence and will attempt to prowl on other dogs and stalk them given the chance! He also will stand up to them if closer and turn his elbows out to make himself look bigger. He hates GR's and will jump around even barking at them (if you can call the noise a frenchie makes a bark :laugh: ) if he see's one.

He does listen to commands though and will immediatly focus + walk to heal if you head off in the opposite direction without glancing back.

He is very eager to learn and will sit for treats and meals etc before you even ask him too now.

From day 1 entering our house he has known that he is not the boss and learnt his place. He has responded extremely well to this

He loves his walks come rain or shine but he does over heat quickly (typical of breed)

For a frenchie his breathing is very clear, I have met quite a few frenchies since fostering him and his is the best by far!!

Even my vet said how good his breathing was :)

He loves being pampered and enjoys a bath and wrinkle + ear cleaning sessions :rolleyes:

Will get some new pics tomorrow as he has put on weight and is a big boy now :biggrin: