UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pmt - Is There Anything Which Actually Helps?

lazydaisy

Every month before my period is due, I feel really evil :wacko: Complete "dont get in my way or I'll rip your head off" sort of feeling. I try very hard not to be snappy to my children and other people, but I am not always successful.

Does anyone out there have some method/take something to reduce or stop these feelings? I take anti-depressants so this may effect what I can take.

HELP

ps chocolate does work but only temporarily! :(

You can look at your diet too. If I remember correctly, eating little and often helps,

Also, I think, carbs are good. I'm sure if you google PMT and diet, it will bring up loads of stuff.

I do seem to remember a thread about PMT a while ago and lots of people suffered with it.

I'm sure that a lot of the 'evening' people will have more solutions. I too take Agnus Castus, Vit B (take cos I'm veggie anyway), and evening primrose. :flowers:

When I was a bit younger than you, I had a blood test and my doctor said I was perimenopausal (meaning some changes were showing I could start the menopause within a couple of year or so) and offered me HRT. It was fantastic! I stayed on it for about eight years, and then stopped. I presume I had the change somewhere along the line, but no hot flushes, no bad temper (I remember my mother when she had it, she was diabolical!) and I've been fine ever since. Maybe ask your doc if its worth being checked?

Diet is a must for me - regular supply of complex carbs (refined carbs make me feel sick), little and often as Saf says.

I'm the same on a daily basis but it becomes horribly intensified around my period (My Dad recently escaped having a pan of boiling pasta over his head by shoving a peeled banana at me just in time :wacko: :laugh: )