UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It Breaks My Heart To Type This.

Sarah_H

:GroupHug: Sarah.I know how long you've agonised over this and how hard it must be.Hats off to you for being so selfless,as others have said.It takes strength to put Bob's needs before your own :flowers:

Hoping for a fab home for Bob in the very near future.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not an easy decision and one I'm sure you've not taken lightly. At the end of the day, you love Bob enough to let him go to another home where he'll be happier. For that, I applaud you.

I'm so sorry you feel a certain group of people would shoot you down for the doing the right thing by your dog. They can't be very nice or understanding and personally wouldn't worry about their comments or attitude. They aren't in your position and can't see how affected Bob is. What you're doing for him is the greatest love I can see :GroupHug:

Sarah, I can't imagine how hard this must be, I look at my 3 and wonder how I would cope if one of them was not happy with where they lived with us, its a dreadful decision to make but you are making it, you are putting Bob's happiness/welfare above your own, that is very brave and selfless. I'm absolutely sure you must be feeling truly rotten about having to make such a decision but Bob is number one in all this. I hope and expect you will find him a loving home where he will be happy. :GroupHug:

No-one has any right to give you flack Sarah and that shouldn't be even a concern for you with what you're having to go through. It's not as though this is an easy choice or decision to make, it takes a lot to accept that you are not the home they need or are content in. None of us have magic wands and NONE of us can make everything work.

:GroupHug: to you and to all of you.

It must be an incredibly hard decision for you to make and one made to ensure Bob is as happy as possible.

Not all dogs adapt to different environments and sometimes we may have to accept that.

My Blythe for the first 2 years I had her was horrid, very aggressive, hated most people and most dogs etc. I didn't think much of it really, just accepted that she was that way and managed her accordingly. I then moved from an urban area into a tiny village, the change in her was tremendous, she became a much more relaxed, friendly girl who accepted people easily and tolerated strange dogs provided they weren't too close.

Had I known the change which would have come over her I would either have thought about moving sooner, or more likely, tried to rehome into the countryside.

Poor Blythe had a couple of years when she was nowhere near as happy as she could have been. You are obviously making the right decision for Bob and don't let anyone else say otherwise.

:GroupHug:

I think if anyone shot you down they would be shot down.

Its a predicament that most multiple dog owners dread but when things cant be resolved you have to do what is best for the dog and that is what you are doing.

We recently has a lady who has a stroke and is in hospital long term so we took her 4 dogs all quite old they are all in foster and are fine lost weight and thriving and very happy they adapt very well.

Hugs to you guys

Oh Sarah, you know I'm with you on this. And you know I know a bit about how you're feeling. You are doing the best thing you can do for all of your dogs...you know you are, but I know that doesn't make it feel any better. My heart goes out to you. You are being very brave and thoughtful. I'm here if you need to chat :GroupHug: