UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Babies, Babies And More Babies

KathyM

Nelly (our last experience with a pregnancy) had 9, but I think the average is more - up to 20, but more often 10-15? The two litters here are one of 6 and one of 8, but we don't know how many were actually born and didn't make it (if any?). All of the bigger does are very thin, we were hoping they'd reabsorb, but nature's worked out they're getting better food and care now and Melba's growing in the tum (and still thin in the body :( ).

I'm hoping to have answers from the rescue concerned by tomorrow, if there is no progress then I'm going to start contacting other rescues. I feel awful, but I can't do this and never said I could. :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very relieved to say that the rescue have made plans to come and pick up some of the does tomorrow. The 4 tiny does will stay here for rehoming, as will the 3 boys. thanks for the support everyone, sorry to have run a wild goose chase! :GroupHug:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the 3 boys are definitely looking for a home again. It seems their potential new owner decided to get rats elsewhere and then ignore contact til today, leaving me only 2 days to find them a new home before my last chance to transport them over Leeds way for the next 2 months. I've turned away potential owners over the last 10 days since she last made contact too. I honestly dont know how rescues cope with timewasters like that. :(

Oh no, how awful! Some people don't really think though, more's the pity! If I didn't have two young lads already i'd be biting at the bit to offer a home for the young bucks, not sure how Toby and Zack would like sharing their lives with some more boys, they're quite used to being far too pampered and having a shoulder each :rolleyes_anim:

Hope they find a wonderful home soon, they are gorgeous :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the 3 boys are definitely looking for a home again. It seems their potential new owner decided to get rats elsewhere and then ignore contact til today, leaving me only 2 days to find them a new home before my last chance to transport them over Leeds way for the next 2 months. I've turned away potential owners over the last 10 days since she last made contact too. I honestly dont know how rescues cope with timewasters like that. :(

I know, it's terrible isn't it. I'm currently fostering a litter and if everyone who had contacted me had rehomed the ones they said they would the bubs would be homed 3 times over! It seems to be 1 email then change their minds :(

Hi you lot

Sorry I haven't updated recently, I've been in hospital. All these rats are now in homes, which is a massive relief. One of the boys (Sebastian the champagne variegated) is staying very nearby with Lisa, as company for two other baby boys, which is nice.

A member on here has two of the first boys to be rehomed, so I'm hoping for lots of updates.

Right, off back to bed to rest!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's pics of Sebastian in his new home (ie...mine!). I'm really glad that the woman who was supposed to have him didn't follow through with it, as it means I have a lovely licky (yes!) boy who is super cheeky and very very loving. He does have hair, shock horror - when his previous offer of a home found out that the "baldie" boy was a type of marking and didn't mean they were hairless, she lost interest suddenly (we worked it out when she got hairless elsewhere)...anyhoo - their loss, my gain!

040508sixxseb.jpg

190408sebastian.jpg

With Cadger, one of my other rescue boys, minutes after introductions the other day - grooming each other:

040508sebcadger.jpg

050508boys.jpg

I'd post pics of all my boyses, but it'd take a while so I'll save it for another day lol.