UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tasha

greytgirl

I think you all know about the noises Tasha makes when breathing and the hacking cough she can have at times...both things have been continuesly asked about at the vets..we have been told over the years..its a cold, its a polyip in her nose..its her breed..laragyneal paralasis?

I have always had a gut feeling about all of this, and have never liked it..but in our vets we trust, we have also had 2nd and 3 opinions..not only 1 vet.

When Tasha had her op before Christmas, her nose was looked into.. they couldn't see much, they are sure its a polyip, and at the age of 15 if she is ok with it then leave it.

Well, for the last week or so she is 'hacking' (only way I can desribe it) and snoring Much louder..only at bedtime though..when I cuddle her (all the time :rolleyes: ) I feel her throat/round her neck seems thicker, so today I have had a really good feel...and there is a lump on her throat :( :cry:

I feel its the cancer spreading as the original lump wasn't too far from her throat..I know if this is what it is then fate has taken over, there is now nothing I can do to help my girl, she cannot be operated on again, too old and the cancer cannot be gotten rid of, it will ALWAYS return :(

Why did I have to mooch at her? and now I know its there even though I am helpless and can do nothing about it?

I hope my girl does not begin to suffer and the lump grows as quickly as the other did because of where it is.

I dont know why Im rambling or posting but no one close to me understands the way I feel about my sweet Tasha I cant talk to anyone about it :cry:

Please, Please send all the positive thoughts you can so this does not affect her for a long time to come :GroupHug:

My lovely old lady..

paigepartyetc012.jpg

This post has been edited by Greyt Girl: Today, 07:27 PM

:GroupHug: Hoping that you're wrong & it's not the return of cancer. Brocoli is supposed to help inhibit cancer & wont harm her if you wanted to try it.

Other than that perhaps an xray would reveal whether there is any sign of cancer in her throat / chest ?

Best of luck for her continued fight :GroupHug:

So sorry to read this. :( I know what it's like to find the lumps are back. :mecry: But we always think the worst and it isn't necessarily always the case, and she doesn't know.

Oooooodles of positive thoughts coming your way to help Tasha keep well.

and lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: for you, you know we are all thinking of you, especially if you don't have anyone close who understands how deep your bond is with Tasha.

Roz x

I'm so so sorry to hear about your worries :GroupHug: :GroupHug: But please take her to the vet though, to find out what it is for sure. I know all too well how "the voices in your head" can drive you mad :(

In addition to essiac twice a week I'm giving Mal Udo's Choice oil (1 dessert spoon a day), evening primrose oil (also a dessert spoon a day, both mixed in with his dinner), and I've recently started him on Manuka honey, UMF10+, a tablespoon a day, after his dinner, as advised by houndwoman. Also spices like turmeric, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper are said to be having healing properties - even my vet had heard of that! (which was a bit of a surprise). I don't know if any of this could be of use to you for Tasha?

And as hard as it is for you: please try to remember that Tasha won't know that she is ill, all she'll know is all the love, care and attention that you are giving her. She is one gorgeous and lucky girl :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm very much hoping you're wrong and it's 'just' a lump, but get it checked out anyway, sometimes it is better to know rather than just to guess the worst.

Most of us on here will know how you are feeling and I'm sure we all hope you know you're always welcome to shout, scream, cry either in public or by PM.

Lots of positive thoughts on the way to your gorgeous girl and :GroupHug: for you

So sorry to hear about your worries for lovely Tasha.

I know how you feel, I can still remember that awful feeling when you realise that there is another lump appeared. I had a beardie with lymphoma, a while ago, some 4 years but I can still remember the desperation I felt as if it was yesterday.

As others have said, she doesn't know she is ill so try to enjoy your time together and perhaps you would feel better if you had more information from the vet.

Thinking of you

Juliex

There is, as always, some good advice here. We always think the worst, it's human nature to want to be prepared, but it isn't always necessary. See what your vet thinks and take each day from there because, as Brenda says, dogs live in the moment :) Sending positive thoughts for you and Tasha :GroupHug: