UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tasha

greytgirl

:GroupHug: I was told when my lovely greyhound Daisy had cancer that dogs live for the moment. Try to enjoy whatever time you have left and I really hope that the lump isn't cancerous. :GroupHug:

That is a very good thought and advice. I am so sorry to hear about Tasha, I know how devastating it is when your pet seems to be reaching the end and no-one close to you understands. When my beloved cat Toots was reaching that stage I felt I was losing my soulmate and when she finally went I dreaded telling my family because no-one ever understood my love for her - she had a bit of an 'attitude' ie hated anyone who wasn't me.

In her final months whenever I mentioned my concerns they were dismissed by my family who would just say 'that cat will live forever'.

I was surprised and moved, however, at the end by how supportive everyone was. As my brother, who referred to her as 'the devil incarnate' said when I told him she had gone at the age of 17- 'I may not have liked her but I know how much she meant to you and I'm sorry for your loss'.

I hope you find similar support as Tasha battles.

At least you have a network of support here.

Marie