UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Am Being Home Checked For Oldies...any Tips?

Nikki

Welcome to the refuge!

I would say don't hide anything, be yourself- it might be your homechecker can give you a few useful pointers & some good advice about things in your home which will benefit your foster dog - Oldies are fab! sure you will be fine :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for you :flowers:

Being "yourself" is a very good tip. Your homechecker will appreciate how nervous you are and take that into account. I'm a real soft touch and end up being the one trying to make the checkee feel at ease! :rolleyes:

You'll be fine - and don't forget to keep us posted. Oh, and welcome to The Refuge; you'll make a lot of good friends here, people with lots of experience on all doggie matters who'll be happy to share their knowledge and help you if/when needed. I've learnt (and continue to learn) so much here.

Thank you so much for all the tips - he's been today and was a very nice man - phew! I think he realised we were really rather normal and said we'd been just fine! Yipeeee! Am so excited now!

Thanks again everyone and look forward to bothering you all again soon for some more pointers!

Thank you so much for all the tips - he's been today and was a very nice man - phew! I think he realised we were really rather normal and said we'd been just fine! Yipeeee! Am so excited now!

Thanks again everyone and look forward to bothering you all again soon for some more pointers!

Brilliant news, can you take 2 legged ones too. :unsure: Thinking I can have more Oldies Club fosters if you take Dave in. :laugh:

He only lets rip once a day. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Layed biscuits out on a very snazzy plate - made sure he saw they were a repuatable brand too - so am sure that swayed it!!!! :)

Great advice - thanks xx

Thank goodness it wasn't like Helly (Di) said. No broken Aldi's ones.

Do you know whach oldies one you are having?

Looking forward to the piccies. :flowers:

Kazz xx

Fab news Nikki

Me and my children were told on Monday we are suitable too, so am sure we will soon both be sharing photos and tales of our first fosterling on here !!

Enjoy.

We are very excited.

Nataliex :)

Brilliant news. :flowers:

Did they tell you that you are not allowed to fail on the first. :ohmy:

I'll let you into a little secret, that Cindy one has a big stick and a Scooter. :D

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Kazz xx

Layed biscuits out on a very snazzy plate - made sure he saw they were a repuatable brand too - so am sure that swayed it!!!! :)

Great advice - thanks xx

Im sure that swayed it. I always warn potential home check people that biscuits are imperative and brand makes all the differnce :laugh:

i had a homecheck recently all was going fine dogs sat and behaved remarked i had two wonderful dogs asked sum questions then we went to look at the garden Paddy squatted right in front of us i squealed ohh Paddy you pick your moments to which he gave me a filthy look and went inside came back inside with the homechecker and Paddy had pooed right in the middle of the living room floor i was mortified hed never done that before and i had to answer the rest of the questions cleaning up poo at the same time :unsure: :rolleyes: i did pass though