UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ramps

dirtychicken

Whilst my 2 are having a temporary moment of being able to walk relatively normally, I'm investigating the possibility of a ramp for the car. Although both dogs are fine with short-ish, onlead walks, any offlead walks/runs leave Flora incapable of getting in or out of the boot unaided :mecry: Bear is struggling and I know it's just a matter of time before I'm having to lug 2 28kg dogs in and out of the car :unsure:

Has anybody got ramps? If so, what sort - wooden, aluminium, etc? Where did you get them from? How much were they? Are they easy to store in the car?

All help gratefully received :flowers:

We have a heavy duty plastic type one with carpeted ramp. Hubby has fixed it into the back door so all we have to do is swing it out and onto the floor, all our dogs use it now not just the oldies and lame ones :)

Got it off e-bay, will have to check with hubby who it was from but it was a business seller so they are probably still selling them

Hi

I have just bought one off ebay for £14.99, p&P £7.50

In the sale.

If you do a search on the following title it should bring it up. They have 5 still available.

<H1 class=itemTitle>SALE Telescopic Dog Ramp. Long Pet Ramps With Handle Item no.

Hope that helps.

</H1>

Hi

In the sale.

If you do a search on the following title it should bring it up. They have 5 still available.

<H1 class=itemTitle>SALE Telescopic Dog Ramp. Long Pet Ramps With Handle Item no.

Hope that helps.

</H1>

Just had a look at this one but it says it only holds up to 20kg so probably not strong enough for Sarah's crew. Looks good for small dogs though.

Hi

In the sale.

Hope that helps.

</H1>

Thank you very much for that Natalie, but as Rachel has kindly said my 2 weigh nearly 30kgs each :wacko: plus I imagine that I may have to send a child up it whilst teaching them to use it :rolleyes:

Dog Ramp or More Dog Ramps - hope you find one soon, I know what it's like picking up a dog weighing over 20kgs, tiz not funny when you have to do it often :wacko:

Thank you for those links :flowers: I'm liking the look of the tri-fold one as it will take up much less space in the car and I've managed to find them cheaper Here :biggrin: They do next day delivery too! Best go get ordering.....

Thank you very much for that Natalie, but as Rachel has kindly said my 2 weigh nearly 30kgs each :wacko: plus I imagine that I may have to send a child up it whilst teaching them to use it :rolleyes:

Thank you for those links :flowers: I'm liking the look of the tri-fold one as it will take up much less space in the car and I've managed to find them cheaper Here :biggrin: They do next day delivery too! Best go get ordering.....

know i'm probalby just being dim but i ordered the tri fold and it came today but i can't work it it won't fold flat how much pressure are you suposed to use to push them flat or do you think it might be faulty

I have no idea :blink: How very strange! Is there a customer services number or something where you can contact them and ask? I shouldn't think that you'd have to apply *too* much pressure :unsure:

well i didn't think you would need to apply to much pressure and obviously i don't want to force it and break it.

i will give them a ring tomorrow but i just thought i'd ask the question in case i was missing something or doing wrong

thanks