UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts, Prayer, Reiki, Or Whatever You Believe In For Joyce Please

Ian

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou all. Joyce wouldn't touch the pasta but deigned to eat some chicken & Tuna on it's own yesterday & Pilchards with minimal pasta this morning.

Joyce has always slept upstairs with Tara & I, because I'd started with Jo & Tara doing so - just for the first few nights, only in case they should fight you understand - but 5 years later and Jo had spent her last night up their with us. I didn't want to retrain Tara after all that time & Joyce couldn't be left out could she?

She's been more hesitant about stairs in recent weeks - until recently if I went she went without hesitation - but I'd wanted to try & keep her mobile so haven't carried her before. She didn't want to do more than the first 5 or 6 last night & so I had to do so and though she did get herself up the stairs seemed too much to ask so I carried her down again this morning.

There was a bit of an accident overnight but she didn't go when let out several times / at any time after 1pm yesterday so I wasn't unduly surprised that something would happen overnight.

I just spent my day with them both & was still optimistic things were improving on the diarrhea front, was hoping that she could get back in the hydrotherapy pool tomorrow & see whether wecould restimulate her legs but by 4pm this afternoon it happened again.

A DVD on Galen therapy has arrived this afternoon - thankyou so much Caroline - & I'll be watching that shortly.

I am still hoping against hope that this will turn around but have made an appointment to see my sisters vets tomorrow (2nd opinion and the fact mine have irritated me in a few ways in recent contacts - most spectacularly when Jo left us, whilst I was absolutely sobbing my heart out Pam my sister who wanted to go with me said she'd sort the bill out so I didn't have to think about that. No I haven't sorted it out yet, we'll just send it on he said - they usually want paying there & tehn - so fine, obviously they expect to be paid but I thought get a bill a couple of weeks later when things where a little less raw. They must have sent it out the following day at latest as it arrived on my doorstep just two days later - whilst I was finishing digging her grave :mecry:

Obviously we'll do whatever is right for Joycie but I'm really dreading going in & I just don't want to hear what I'm a little afraid right now that they are going to say :mecry:

Joyce, as she arrived in rescue

http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=1152

and possibly my favourite phot / clip of Joyce - the first time she began to run again

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/ia...nt=000_0173.flv

She's been through so much & yet despite it all retained the most lovely nature. At the front she's just the same girl she's always been, it's just so unfair. Poor Joyce really didn't deserve this to happen to her. :(

c016.gif

Edited by Ian

I'm so sorry things aren't going so well, Ian. I've only just seen your recent update and can only imagine how low you must be feeling.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping Joyce manages to go to hydrotherapy again soon. :GroupHug:

The vet wasn't optimistic - definitely thinks it's CDRM, that if she's had 4 hydrotherapy sessions & her muscles are still wasting that I've probably done as much as I can / will probably have to make that decision on Tuesday & he would therefore have been inclined to have done so today.

He couldn't however say for certain that she wasn't weakened by the diarreah, and wouldn't (or would) respond to tablets etc to stop the diarreah, allow her to get back in the pool and see whether we can restimulate her legs without trying. At the moment she's wobbly & can't go far but "semi mobile" - eg she walked in from the car but it's far from strong

I've therefore decided that I have to give her that chance. Joyce has had an anti imflamatory injection to make sure she's comfortable in the meantime and must take 2 x 250mg oxycare 3 times a day between now & Tuesday. 762612.gif c016.gif

On behalf of Joyce, Tara and I, thankyou all for your support & concern

Edited by Ian