UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Abby's Not Had A Poo Since Wednesday

ailsas mum

Abby as some of you know was spayed on Tuesday, she had a dump on Wednesday night but nothing since then. I had her on chicken and scrambled eggs until Thursday night, she refused food on Friday morning and has eaten okay since then. She is quite overweight ( nearly 3 kilos ) and I do have her on a diet, she is fed on Burns with some fresh veg in it to bulk it out and she is getting no tit bits. She is running about playing and tormenting the life out of Arran and she is showing no signs of pain or discomfort, her tablets from the vet finish tonight.

Should I be worried that she's not passed anything or am I just getting my knickers in a twist, she is not trying to pass anything but she is farting a lot :who-let-rip: :who-let-rip: .

Terri

Abby as some of you know was spayed on Tuesday, she had a dump on Wednesday night but nothing since then. I had her on chicken and scrambled eggs until Thursday night, she refused food on Friday morning and has eaten okay since then. She is quite overweight ( nearly 3 kilos ) and I do have her on a diet, she is fed on Burns with some fresh veg in it to bulk it out and she is getting no tit bits. She is running about playing and tormenting the life out of Arran and she is showing no signs of pain or discomfort, her tablets from the vet finish tonight.

Should I be worried that she's not passed anything or am I just getting my knickers in a twist, she is not trying to pass anything but she is farting a lot :who-let-rip: :who-let-rip: .

Terri

Poor Abby :(

Can't offer any real advice as I'm not 100% sure about doggy digestion.

Are the tablets antibiotics? If so, some types can cause digestive upsets - dire rear or constipation (in humans). Constipation only becomes a problem for humans when it becomes very difficult and/ or painful to poop. As Abby seems OK in herself maybe not to worry too much :unsure: Again, with humans, eggs can have a constipating effect.

Hope this helps a bit and hope the wind doesn't blow too much in your part of the world :laugh:

The anaesthetic and medication will have made her constipated. The chicken etc will have too. I would just feed her normally now and wait for nature to take it's course. I've just been spayed too. I know how she feels. :laugh: You don't want them going to the loo straight after in any case. She'll probably start going tomorrow.

Edited by Jacobean

The anaesthetic and medication will have made her constipated. The chicken etc will have too. I would just feed her normally now and wait for nature to take it's course. I've just been spayed too. I know how she feels. :laugh: You don't want them going to the loo straight after in any case. She'll probably start going tomorrow.

:GroupHug: :biglaugh:

:partytime: She had a HOOOOOGE one last night, it seems that as soon as someone post about something like this things start moving doesn't it :laugh: . Unfortunately I was up with Arran for a lot of the night, he was bringing up bile everywhere, he seems okay now we've been for our walk and he has eaten his breakfast. I now have the pleasant task of cleaning an 8ft. x 8ft cream rug :( .

Terri