UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kennel Club Hails Changes To Dangerous Dogs Legislation In Scotland ‘a Step In The Right Direction’

On the link, Alex Neil states that he asks you and others to reply to the questions asked in the consultation paper, to allow them to be fully considered.

That would seem to imply that

1 the only parts available for discussion is the set questions at the end

2 only submissions direct to him will be considered.

Regarding the question about rescues.

Many rescues retain the microchip in their name, or have what they call guardianship agreements. so that they always remain the owner.

What are the implications for them in this proposal?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe right on the questions but i would strongly urge people to ask their own questions and expect a decent reply. If the reply doesnt show you this is a law worthy of pushing through, ask more questions.

Its likely only submissions directed at him will be considered. If you dont mention them, how will he know they may be a problem? Again, Email him and by all means copy your question to the comments for added value.

His response to me, i am not tackling as yet as i would like an answer to my question already posted first. I have a reply to his response and, tbh, i think it blows everything he said right out the water but i want my answer to bsl question first.

One thing i want to really stress is this:

If this law goes through we are in trouble. It will NOT protect the public and it WILL have a god awful affect on our dogs. If I am wrong(which i highly doubt) then fine, laugh at me later. But if you have even a one percent doubt in the proposal or think maybe, just maybe i have something in what i am saying, PLEASE do not think "someone else will do it" or that someone else can do any better than you. You have alot more power than you think and if you have doubts too, a few of us together have even more power.

Please dont let this go through without stating your position. They are talking aboutyour dog/s.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah.. I think he chickened out said he couldnt answer emails personally cos hes a busy man. thats got nowt to do with what his last reply to me said . Absolutly positive...not. Bound by disclaimers not to share tho. Sorry :rolleyes:

I'll bloody "busy" him :angry: he's supposed to be representing the people, he bloody well should reply, to busy swanking it up with the nobs no doubt :angry:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the past few days there have been news snippets that this is going ahead, funnily enough I've had a few friends on the phone moaning about it, they got a right earful as I'd informed them all and told them to let their views be known, and did they ?...............did they hell :angry:

I don't know how the Scottish Parliament works. I hope it is not a case of him proposing it and it is nodded through.

In England DEFRA have said that there is no support from police etc to introduce more laws - just enforce what is there already.

I wonder if the Scottish Parliament consult anybody. Obviously Alex Neill is only quoting those who supposedly supported him.

Most of the comments that I heard were that people thought it would stop the problem of loose dogs approaching/ attacking their's and they thought that was a good idea.

They didn't look at the whole picture.

• 3 weeks later...