UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rescue Dog Being Used For Breeding

menage_a_trois

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billie, no problems :flowers:

Just thinking it may be a way to get rehoming guidelines tightened up. I wasn't trying to criticise, sorry if I came across that way. :unsure:

That is why I asked if it may be ok to post a copy of the rehoming contract. (Obviously without the header)

We can all learn more by helping.

Just my thoughts hun. Sorry if you read it as a criticism. It really wasn't meant to come across like that. :flowers:

Kazz xx

No worries! :)

Menage a 3, have you heard any feedback from the sollicitor? Can the police advise at all? If the dogs legally belong to the rescue and the people who have adopted them are withholding them then surely they're breaking the law? Small claims court?

I have to admit I've got no idea whatsoever, just trying my thinking cap on and offering suggestions. Please keep us updated! :)

Sorry if this is a bit controversial, but our Noah and Ruth are litter siblings, who we had neutered at six months as agreed with the rescue, so it does to a certain extent depend on who you rehome to.

As I understand it, there are some rehoming contacts, depending on the wording, that can stand up in court, the big problem is always the amount of money it costs to press the issue which many may consider better spent elsewhere.

Sorry if this is a bit controversial, but our Noah and Ruth are litter siblings, who we had neutered at six months as agreed with the rescue, so it does to a certain extent depend on who you rehome to.

As I understand it, there are some rehoming contacts, depending on the wording, that can stand up in court, the big problem is always the amount of money it costs to press the issue which many may consider better spent elsewhere.

he is saying he has never seen one and how could it stand up in court ?

he is happy to look into this but feels it would not get far

i will let you know what he thinks

any paper work that i could show him would be get, i have show him what i have and he has said not one of them stand up so far

No worries! :)

Menage a 3, have you heard any feedback from the sollicitor? Can the police advise at all? If the dogs legally belong to the rescue and the people who have adopted them are withholding them then surely they're breaking the law? Small claims court?

You would think so wouldnt you but I think its down to the honesty of people really.

i really think it depends on how well the circumstances are covered in the adoption form

The section of our adoption form referring to neutering is below

The legality of our adoption form has been accepted in court in relation to ownership but ive never had to enforce the breeding clause because we have never had the cause to

the following is above the signature and witness signature

I have read all the conditions of adoption stated above and accept that by adding my signature below that i am agreeing to abide by them fully

8, Fireside dogs are neutered before rehoming except in exceptional cases, In such cases the dog will at the required time be booked into a vet in the relevant area by a Fireside Rescue representative and confirmation that neutering has been carried out will be requested direct from the vet. Under no circumstances is breeding from a rescue dog allowed and evidence of such WILL result in the immediate removal of the dog from your care, Any puppies resulting from such a mating are the property of Fireside and will also be removed.

It is our job as a rescue to help the many dogs who are currently in need NOT to produce more.

i really think it depends on how well the circumstances are covered in the adoption form

The section of our adoption form referring to neutering is below

The legality of our adoption form has been accepted in court in relation to ownership but ive never had to enforce the breeding clause because we have never had the cause to

the following is above the signature and witness signature

I have read all the conditions of adoption stated above and accept that by adding my signature below that i am agreeing to abide by them fully

8, Fireside dogs are neutered before rehoming except in exceptional cases, In such cases the dog will at the required time be booked into a vet in the relevant area by a Fireside Rescue representative and confirmation that neutering has been carried out will be requested direct from the vet. Under no circumstances is breeding from a rescue dog allowed and evidence of such WILL result in the immediate removal of the dog from your care, Any puppies resulting from such a mating are the property of Fireside and will also be removed.

It is our job as a rescue to help the many dogs who are currently in need NOT to produce more.

Lets hope the rescue can take good advice on board. It smacks to me as a shambles to be perfectly honest. A bitch is in whelp for 9 weeks. When the follow up home visitor wasn't allowed in that should have rung alarm bells. :(

They should have been more careful knowing a male can produce as soon as the Testes drop. :(

Sorry just my thoughts. What a mess. Is there no way the neighbours can't be contacted etc. :unsure:

Just thoughts.

Kazz xx

Lets all hope things can be sorted for these poor pups. :mecry: God knows where they could end up. :(

he is saying he has never seen one and how could it stand up in court ?

he is happy to look into this but feels it would not get far

i will let you know what he thinks

any paper work that i could show him would be get, i have show him what i have and he has said not one of them stand up so far

My solicitor told me the same, that the dogs are mine to do with as I please, regardless of the adoption contract.

HOWEVER, there was a case recently where a lab was seized back by the rescue, the woman who had adopted the lab took the rescue to court and the court held that the rescue was within its rights (there was a thread in contro about it).

Not sure whether this sets a precedent or whether there were other circumstances surrounding the case which affected the outcome.

Edited to add link to thread.

Edited by madmerle

i can't find the out come of this dog or have a miss it

i will go read it again

what i am being told is the same as last night

after getting the law books out that it's contract of intend

they will NOT stand

he will look at this case but with out all the in,s and out,s he would not put a lot on it.

he thinks that one case out of the 1000,s that have come up and there has been some in court after this have not won.

yes the contract of intend would be taken into it

but the first thing he would like to point out is that the money it would cost would be very hight

i am not trying to upset anyone

but i do think that a lot of this is people thinking they know what will happen

and pinning a lot of hope on that

would it not be better to take this on a try and change things so that a court would take it up ?

i do hope the puppies are ok in this case

i hope the get good homes and this dose not keep going

but i do think we should stop putting heads in the sand and try and come up with a bit of paper that would stand up

he would likt to point out that he gets how you all feel about breeding but there is no law to say that dogs can't be breed of

you many have a bit of paper that says you don't want this but there is no law to stop it

so that could be a great point to take on

there needs to be some kind of line that people can take

he wants to point out that there is no way they will put a big NO on breeding

he says that people breed all the time some of them he thinks should never have kids but they do and he can't stop that

it is the same with dogs

there need to be breeding law,s that are held up under the court that is the only way to stop this

like all dogs that are breed off are tested of all know problems hips and eyes and stuff like that

he could see some thing like that standing

but it would need to work on all sides and vets and the KC would have to back it

my own lawyers have called why i have been doing this to say there is no way this would stand

it would be who has the most money and they can't see it getting to court in anyway

i am sorry and i don't want to start world war 3 but i can't see why we all sit there saying my paper work would stand up why there are 2 lawyer and a court saying no

case after case that goes under the table because we don't want to stand up and change it

i will say sorry to for my poor spelling and stuff i know i am bad at it and i know it makes it hard to read

Many thanks for help - I`ll pass all the helpful ones on to the people concerned

cheers. (in response to queries - I`m a friend of the rehomers - and I am trying to help because of the risk to animals involved)

Sorry I may be being a bit thick here, but as in rehomers do you mean the person who has the pups that have mated or the "rescue" :unsure:

If you are a friend of the rescue then why aren't they themselves holding their hands up and asking for help themselves.

I'm confused now. :unsure:

Kazz xx

What risk is that? If it's the risk of them being bred, it's a bit late. :unsure:

There is still the risk that these dogs may be repeatedly bred from in future, plus the risk to the existing pupplies to consider.

The OP in this case is asking for help concerning a very sad and worrying situation that already exists and is not of her making, so I'd have thought information and constructive advice is what's needed here.

There is still the risk that these dogs may be repeatedly bred from in future, plus the risk to the existing pupplies to consider.

The OP in this case is asking for help concerning a very sad and worrying situation that already exists and is not of her making, so I'd have thought information and constructive advice is what's needed here.

They ARE getting helpfull advice.

I think the rescue themselves could be more forthcoming