UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rescue Dog Being Used For Breeding

menage_a_trois

Has anyone managed to win a court case about a rescued bitch who has been allowed to get in whelp? We are in the process of going to court now to get the bitch and pups back, using a friendly solicitor, but she specialses in Family Law so any advice would be welcome. The adoption agreement stipulates that the rescue is the owner and that the animal should be neutered.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I can think of for this happening in the first place would be if the new people were waiting for her to have a season to get the timing for spaying right, and she managed a little adventure.... I know when Lucy was due to move in here her season was due in April (her, her mum and her kennel mate would all start within a day or so) but being Lucy she waited until June for hers, then we had to wait for the op till September....

good luck.

The couple rehomed a boy and girl puppy on the understanding that they were to be neutered / spayed asap. The male was neutered AFTER the bitch`s first season , when she was in whelp. They are refusing to let anyone see the dogs so we can check to see if they`re OK. We think the pups were born last week. We suspect they will be sold, as they small `doodles`. A solicitors letter has gone out but there has been no response.

Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! The rescue were silly to allow two pups to be rehomed to the same home initially, and now it looks as if their decision has backfired. Terrible situation, but most of all for the animals concerned :sad02: This should never have happened.

Oh dear.

Perhaps they need to seek advice from some of the good rescues on here. Its just so difficult to know who to trust nowdays isnt it ?

Im happy to speak to the people and check on the pups if your lot help get my Dane back who has been rehomed without her full medical history as she was an RSPCA case and her medical history is very important to her survival.

Seems a fair swap to me

Perhaps in hindsight, as others have said, this is a good time to review rehoming procedures but also a good time to see how the rescue can help the situation for all involved. It is very easy in this line of work to feel every owner who makes a mistake is an idiot, some are I agree. Nevertheless that's why we as rescues are (or should be) professional and above turning incidents like this into unnecessary slanging matches and costly court cases.

None of us get it right all the time but when it does go wrong then lets see what we can do to minimise the damage to our own reputation, help the owners in a difficult situation and of course more importantly protect the well being of all the dogs involved.

I'd be speaking to them, apologising if perhaps things have got out of hand but what we can do help. Nothing is going to change what has happened but we can surely stop it from getting any worse?

:angry: Sorry no advice. How irresponsible though.

Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! The rescue were silly to allow two pups to be rehomed to the same home initially, and now it looks as if their decision has backfired. Terrible situation, but most of all for the animals concerned :sad02: This should never have happened.

Exactly, hence the first part of my post. :( I was trying to be tactful. I know tactful isn't my middle name but hey ho. It is new year new start etc.

It makes me wonder how many others they could have homed in this situation. :(

Kazz xx

As has been said this is a situation which could so easily have been avoided - however - the situation exists and this rescue whoever they are now have a problem to resolve, so if anyone has any practical advice or experience to add to the thread then please do so, but any crossing of the line and this thread goes *poof* forever.

Ok, my neck is going to be on the chopping block for asking this. But I have been thinking. (Dangerous I know) :laugh:

How long has the rescue been going?? Do they need to look into the rehoming procedures a little bit more. Not rehome 2 pups together, same sex or otherwise. :unsure:

The rehoming contract needs to be clearer I think. If you want to (you may need to check first) post a copy up on here I'm sure some of our experienced rescues would help. :flowers:

In the 20 odd years I have been involved in dog rescue it's not something I'd ever do rehome 2 pups of opposite sex or same sex sorry. :(

You didn't mention what position you hold (if any) with the rescue concerned at the moment.

Kazz xx

Ok, my neck is going to be on the chopping block for asking this. But I have been thinking. (Dangerous I know) :laugh:

How long has the rescue been going?? Do they need to look into the rehoming procedures a little bit more. Not rehome 2 pups together, same sex or otherwise. :unsure:

The rehoming contract needs to be clearer I think. If you want to (you may need to check first) post a copy up on here I'm sure some of our experienced rescues would help. :flowers:

In the 20 odd years I have been involved in dog rescue it's not something I'd ever do rehome 2 pups of opposite sex or same sex sorry. :(

You didn't mention what position you hold (if any) with the rescue concerned at the moment.

Kazz xx

Okay, my neck will be on the chopping block of the opposition, but the OP is asking for help with the current situation, and while I totally agree with all the opinions expressed with regards to rehoming etc, it doesn't help the OP if the focus is now going to be on criticising the rescue and wondering if rehoming procedures shouldn't be reviewed. I think think they're totally valid points but could be discussed in a different thread? Right now it's the rehomed dogs and pups who need to get out of the situation, the rescue not being granted access and a sollicitor's letter going unanswered would seem like a worry to me. :unsure:

Billy-who-isn't-a-mod-and-should-maybe-keep-out-of-this.

Billie, no problems :flowers:

Just thinking it may be a way to get rehoming guidelines tightened up. I wasn't trying to criticise, sorry if I came across that way. :unsure:

That is why I asked if it may be ok to post a copy of the rehoming contract. (Obviously without the header)

We can all learn more by helping.

Just my thoughts hun. Sorry if you read it as a criticism. It really wasn't meant to come across like that. :flowers:

Kazz xx

it is classed as contract of intend,

OH,s dad is a magistrate and has said it will not stand up

he has never seen one that would stand up in court

i don't know why a lawyer has taken your money ? what has she said she can do, or what dose she think can do?

if you would like i can get what he could do if this came up in court

but i don't think he would get that far.