UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wendbert's Whinges

Wendbert

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

Billy I've done a fair bit of reading on the GI diet which regulates body sugar for exactly that reasonn (lack of energy), there is a thread on it that I started and I've a book I can send you too to give some insight into it?

If you want it let me know :flowers:

And as for your choice, my personal experience was that it paid off long term ( ( work in IT) but it was a struggle at the time) I think a good diet that gives you more energy at home might help :flowers:

Also Billy do a list of the good and bad in your life and try to balance it out it should help, and once you identify the bad points you can action them :flowers:

*Says she who needs to seriously consider if having a parasite as a partner is worth it, do as I say not as I do* :laugh: It's always so much easier from a third party perspective.

Aww thanks nouggatti, you're a star! :) Thing is, I know how to make diets work for you or against you, it's "just" that the things that you should avoid if you feel sh!te already (like the big mug of steaming, very strong coffee right next to me! :rolleyes:) ) are the most comforting to me as well. I "need" a strong caffeine boost to kick start my day, and chocolate has been sent to us by the devil, but by doG it tastes good!

I'm feeling a bit better today, so I shall use that to stock up on more healthier foods. Apparently the gym at work isn't that brilliant, but if it gets me to shift a few weights every now and then it should be worth it getting signed up for that too.

The one mega bad point in my life is, as I said, that I'm spending too much time away from Mal and Kiera. A few years ago I had a part time job, working 3 days a week, so I had 4 days a week with them. Then I moved to the previous company and worked 5 days a week, but I had a flatmate who would often work from home. She's moved out now though, and althought I've got a neighbour walking Mal and Kiera at lunch time, I think they really only get about 10-15 minutes, but my job unfortunately doesn't pay me enough to engage the services of a professional dog walker :( It also seemed a bit closer to home but the travelling time is actually longer. Hence the reason why I'm actually spending more time away from them. According to a friend it might well be that the problem exists predominantly in my head (it is crowded in there!), but other than winning the lottery I can't see how I can change it. Blerghh!

I know what you're saying about a third party perspective, if this had been a friend of mine talking I prolly would of sorted them out already! :rolleyes:

I'm too fecking tired :mecry:

We were heaving last night (which is great - don't get me wrong) and areu expecting to be so again tonight, and then its bike race day tomorrow, which may well be busy, plus people booked in for lunch, plus others saying they are coming in the afternoon, and then instead of having a day off MOnday, we are opening all day and doing lunch and dinner.

I run around like a blue arsed fly all day long but don't get enough sleep at night.

Who the feck said getting a pub was a good idea????

Edited by Abby

Having a week off and being poorly with a snotty cold for most of it.

Going to see friend as its her birthday (still with said cold) she says "you look worse than yesterday and your flies are undone" :ohmy:

Then getting home and OH telling me my hair looks very 80's today.

I'm ill, I'm blowing my nose like an elephant looking like an 80 reject.

I give up :mecry:

Just quangos, health and safety madness and Harriet Harman today.

Agreed, but I claim first whinge about Harriet as she and partner were leading lights in the union branch I was in during the 70s. :laugh:

*major league whinge* coming on

This year is being particularly sh*te. Is anyone having a good one? Please someone tell me you are?!!

What is it? mid May, almost, and so far I've had one horribly tragic death, two very ill people (one is recovered now so that doesn't really count, the other sadly still isn't), a whole bunch of hideously demanding clients (which is fair enough) whom are working me into an early grave and now, to cap it all, I find out that the husband is being made redundant. This is just after finally getting planning for our house, finally getting a builder to do the work, all after three years of lots of stress and as things stand we won't be able to afford to do it.......arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh and I also dented the front of the OH's beloved car the other day. He thinks someone in the town car park did it when he was out and about. It was me and an akwardly shaped tree. I'd just spent the day trying to work out how to break the news but it seems he came to his own conclusion. Not sure if that's good or bad? Cost a fortune at the body shop to put right :rolleyes: .Marvellous..

The weather's good though isn't it?

Thanks Wendy :flowers: . What can you do eh? That said, I find eating lots of chocolate helps loads (a tip there for anyone else who's in mid whingeville too). Worse things clearly happen in life, sadly. However, I'd still like mine to get a shifty on in the RIGHT direction thanks very much!

This year is being particularly sh*te. Is anyone having a good one? Please someone tell me you are?!!
I am. My 2007 is your 2008 by the sounds of things :hug:

a whole bunch of hideously demanding clients (which is fair enough) whom are working me into an early grave
So put mine back until it can be done. No rush. I'm just nicking all of Jules B's ideas, anyway :wink:

You take care missis and don't worry about my bit x