UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog's Body Found In Sa9 2d Area - Anyone In That Area?

ReikiAnge

Hello, reading on a different forum, the body of a large black and tan crossbreed dog (thought possibly to be a rottie x or GSD x) has been found in the SA9 2D area. Thought to have been involved in an RTA (someone has put a blanket over part of the body).

Someone has checked on Dog lost and couldn't see any similar descriptions.

The dog's body is apparentlyat the side of the A4067 - about 10 miles outside of Swansea.

The person posting isn't able to take the body home until the morning in order to go to the vet for a scan and the dog's not wearing a collar.

Any ideas on what's best to do? They can call the dog warden in the morning and ask them to go out/scan etc., and it's been suggested to phone the police station to see if anyone has reported a similar dog missing - anything else?

Maybe one of the local cat rescue groups could loan you one. Cats Protection or one of the Petsearch Groups?

We found a dog's body dumped on a plastic bag a few weeks ago. Informed the RSPCA, Petsearch (who would inform the Dog Warden) but it obviously had been there for a while. Quite upsetting to find, part of our litterpicking routine we do, and have even found a muntjack deer fully gutted, to the point you couldn't tell if a boy or girl. Again dumped in a plastic bag. We know people use the lane for poaching.

Years ago we found a springer spaniel in a ditch. I would be more proactive now though and try to do all the right things to source the owner. Three animals in about as many years, not good.

Ystradgynlais, Swansea, Vale Of Glamorgan is roughly where it is but its not the whole postcode.

Debbie was not far from there today.

If you can get a full postcode and a contact its feasable one of us can go.

Failing that I know the man who had the contract to collect road kill etc but it may now have passed to a council contract.

I can find out anyway if I know where it is.

Sorry Lesley, I don't know where the person who saw the dog is up to with this but I know she was trying to get through to the police last night about it.

I wasn't given the whole postcode because I guess she didn't want to give her entire postcode out on a public forum.

I am hoping she has managed to arrange for someone to scan the body.

Thanks for your offer of help and sorry not to have responded sooner :flowers:

I spoke to my friend and ally in the council and he knew the postcode in full.

He seems to think that this happened ages ago because its since been in the papers because it was a large dog running loose which caused a road accident.

It makes sense and as it was ages ago there seems no point in ringing the police or getting involved.

He certainly doesnt know of any other incidents.

Lesley, I am only going by what I read as I am nowhere near the area, but the person posted yesterday that they had seen the body that day, so I don't see how it can be the same one.

I shall update if I hear anymore. Thanks again for your concern.

The council are aware that if it goes in then it needs scanning so if its one that hasnt been reported yet I will hopefully get a phone call. The trouble is its not a rarity.