UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alfie - German Spitz

Mrs B

Alfie has been missing since 1st December, and full details of the what has been happening can be found in the DogLost link below.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/forum.asp?ID=11722

I'm not sure if this story has already been posted and I have missed it, but I thought that with the Refuge having so many members, it would do no harm for as many people as possible to be aware of the story and be keeping an eye open for Alfie.

Personally I find the whole scenario completely bizarre, disconcerting and worrying. Think I will stop my comments there!

I have gone through the whole of this fiasco, just can't believe it! :angry:

Plain incompetence or a case of theft from a supposedly secure site? Either way it puts the police in a very awkward position.

Lies have been told to Alfies owner, an investigation is under way, FFS how long does it take to investigate a complaint like this?

I have some thoughts and opinions that I will keep to myself, like the OP, otherwise could get into bother. :unsure:

If i so much as see one post about demonstrations here I shall scream. Dog lost works WITH the police, not against. Yes, they stuffed up - and yes they admitted it. But screaming at the police, shouting at the police, slating the police, demonstrating (I mean wtf!!) is not finding Alfie!!

Let me make it clear - we do not support demonstrations, nor will we. The police in fact, in the main, now do a sterling effort helping us and we have a number of police on the site.

If i so much as see one post about demonstrations here I shall scream. Dog lost works WITH the police, not against. Yes, they stuffed up - and yes they admitted it. But screaming at the police, shouting at the police, slating the police, demonstrating (I mean wtf!!) is not finding Alfie!!

Let me make it clear - we do not support demonstrations, nor will we. The police in fact, in the main, now do a sterling effort helping us and we have a number of police on the site.

I see your point, and yes agree that in the main the police do sterling work re-uniting dogs with their owners.

In this case I have found them to be sadly lacking. I am not advocating demonstations, I think that would be counter productive, but if there is an internal investigation going on surely some results should be available by now?

I sincerely feel for Alfies owners, and I know that you do too!

Dee, you work so hard for doglost, this must be very disheartening for you, but I did want to voice an opinion on the way this has been handled by the authorities.

Thanks Lizzie :flowers: Fair comment - but the police do an awful lot more at Xmas than helping find dogs, it's a sad fact I'm afraid. I'm not excusing their behaviour at all, it was appalling - but so much effort is going on shouting at the police when surely it should be concentrated now on finding him, getting posters out etc etc to find out where he went - shouting at what has happened in the past, imho is totally counterproductive :flowers:

PS speaking as Doglost too, I have to look at the whole picture - what happens when another owner in six weeks needs help from this police station? Are they likely to help us? Not now :(

PS speaking as Doglost too, I have to look at the whole picture - what happens when another owner in six weeks needs help from this police station? Are they likely to help us? Not now :(

Hopefully they will want to make up for this cockup and do all they can to help :flowers:

Cockups happen, we all do them but what matters is how they are handled, in this case, lets hope that the dog is home soon where he belongs.

Dee, please be assured that I did not post about Alfie here with any thought that people should or would rush to support a demonstration.

In my own life, I've messed up on occasions - putting your hand up and admitting it is much easier when someone sympathetically helps sort out the ensuing mess, rather than shouting at you over your misdemeanours! Usually folks shout at me first mind, which as you say, really doesn't help at all.

I am convinced that the folks at DogLost have more experience and knowledge about the current situation regarding Alfie than they can or should make public on this occasion, and they are far and away the best people to take this whole problem forward.

My only wish in posting here (which perhaps I should have made clearer) is to raise awareness amongst as many people as possible that Alfie is missing, so that as many people as possible are on the look out for him.

Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...