UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy I've told you how fantastic you look and more importantly how good you seem to feel now and the will power you have is amazing.

So what can anyone suggest to a sad woman with no will power? I like food, wine and if I am told I can't have something I turn into a saddo that is desperate for it. Any tips?

And I'm vegetarian..

Dibs

Aww, thank you :flowers:

Sam is vegetarian and doing Slimming World and does seem to be eating a lot :laugh: Maybe she might have some ideas?

Wendy is right I am eating LOADS

Dibs, I am doing Slimming World which is not a diet diet and more of an eating plan and they even have a plan just for veggies

basically as a veggie ( doing the green days ) there is a whole range of food that can be eaten freely including rice, potato, pasta, fruit, veggies , eggs , baked beans and even quorn. No measuring or weighing all free food can be eaten as much as you like ( as long as you don't deep fry it in lard )

then they tell you to eat more food ( its fab ) there are things called healthy extras and you have to have 3-4 portions of those a day , contains things like milk and cheese , brown bread, breakfast cereals ( its a long list ) things that are healthy extras cannot be eaten freely and are in set portions

anything thats not a free food or a healthy extra has a syn value, you can eat up to 15 syns a day for that you can have alcohol and or sweets. Of course you have to limit that and not drink the whole bottle of wine ( as a lady at my club used to ) but you can have "norty food" every day

I have lost 3lbs in the first week and I was stuffing myself every day with really nice food, the magazine comes out every few months and has amazing recipes in ( and at least half are veggie ones each issue )

there is a website that even has a sample menu for a week and loads more info

http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy_eatin...eating_home.asp

ooh there is even a way to eat home made chips as free food and they are fab

Does anyone keep a diary of what they eat?

I do now and its really helping

Same here.

I thought i would be better writing it down as it's easy to forget odd snacky bits that you eat without thinking about it - certainly keeping me on the straight and narrow.

I love SW cos you can stuff yourself silly with all the free foods :rolleyes:

Only downside of this change in eating and having loads more fruit and veg ......................there is a constant gale force wind blowing in this part of Wiltshire :laugh: :laugh: :sick01:

PS The amount of rain has nothing to do with me :D

Good for you Wendy. Well done.

Lil Angel - yes, I keep a food diary - it's fairly basic at the moment, but it's enough for me to see where I'm not eating enough of certain foods too.

I am already wishing that there was some way that I could see how each of us were doing week to week, as I know I will have forget that someone who lost 1lb this week will be very chuffed, because they've been trying hard for three weeks and lost nothing, and think someone's done fantastically who's lost 1.5lbs, when they will be totally disheartened 'cause they've been losing 3lbs every week, and had actually done more exercise that week.

Is there anyway of "collating" anything ........... for those who want?

Had a bowl of beany soup with linseeds on it and a bit of soda bread. Did just have a bite sized bar of green and blacks wot I got for Christmas but it was tiny. Awaiting arrival of shopping. Will then inspect use by dates and decide what we eating tonight. (I think it will be soy beans/noodles with spring onion/soy/honey/ginger type dressing).