Some Good Thoughts For Musky Please

Fee

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Musky, Reiki on the way for him.

Gracie's back legs are not very good and she goes to hydrotherapy and it has made a big difference, her muscles are building up nicely and she is walking better.

The hydrotherapy that Gracie goes to is the treadmill, that sets the pace and she has to walk on it with the water taking her weight. Gracie tries to cheat, because she is so small she can stand on the plastic round the edges instead of walking on the treadmill :laugh:

It may be worth trying for Musky. :flowers:

:mellow: I must not snigger, I must not snigger :biggrin: sorry Fee but it did conjure up an "interesting" image to me. Like others Iwondered about hydrotherapy but assume the vet has considered that. Hope Musky will prove him wrong and be okay for some time yet even if you end up a bit wet in the process. :flowers:

We did look into hydrotherapy for Musky a while back, I suspect it would help him. My problem is getting him there, I don't drive and the times of the sessions all seemed to be when David was working. We'll have to have another look.

Oh, and :bootyshake: to Ian :dry:

Fee, I have one of those Millet harnesses from Millets. They are rather on the large side and have a handle in middle.

If you like I could send it to you to give it a try? I think I have a medium one. Or maybe you can measure around him at his widest point and I see how far I can extend it???

Thanks Victoria, one of the back-end harnesses might be ideal as that is where he seems to need the support if he gets stuck. :flowers:

:GroupHug: and sorry, :laugh: too! Your post painted such a picture!

I'm sorry to hear about Musky's mobility difficulties and hope that you can find a solution. The back-end harness and hydrotherapy both sound like excellent ideas. Is there anyone that might be able to help with driving so that you could get him to your nearest doggie hydro? :unsure:

We did look into hydrotherapy for Musky a while back, I suspect it would help him. My problem is getting him there, I don't drive and the times of the sessions all seemed to be when David was working. We'll have to have another look.

Oh, and :bootyshake: to Ian :dry:

Time to get back into good books perhaps :flowers: It doesn't give times but there's a pool listed here on the Canine Hydrotheraphy Association which appears very close to you

http://www.k9hydrotherapy.co.uk/poolfinder.html

Something else which came to mind I knew someone whose dog I've never met but he reckoned that a masseur once a month worked wonders & made his dog take on a new lease of life. Must admit I was slightly sceptical as to what the problem was & what could / couldn't be massaged away but it might be worth looking into.