UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pork Pie

KathyM

Pork Pie (previously Godber) came to us earlier this year, as an already elderly chap. Idea was to get him introed to my lot as his cagemates had passed on. While he did enjoy playtime with mine, this was an ongoing issue as he got quite stressed with having to share his cage. We were getting there with him, but recently he came down with respiratory problems and the stress seemed to take it's toll. The day before yesterday, we were celebrating his full recovery from his respiratory illness - he was eating dry food again, his chest was clear, and he was back to normal, very happy and playful for his age. Pork Pie passed away very suddenly last night, with no sign of illness at all. :mecry: Only yesterday morning he was playing with me like a kitten. :mecry:

031007porkpie1.jpg

031007porkpie3.jpg

I'm so gutted. I know we haven't had him since he was young, but we had a very strong bond with this chap, I just wanted him to live forever. :mecry:

I don't know how I'm going to tell Connie, this is going to break her heart. She is so wonderful with the animals - especially those with problems (whether it be poorly ones, nervous ones, etc), and always takes them under her wing. She's got a very strong bond with Pork Pie, and I had to make up a story this morning to stop her doing the nursing rounds - don't know how I'm going to tell her. :mecry: She's very mature for her age and normally handles things as well as can be expected (better than most her age), but it's just before Christmas and only last night she said to me "I'm so glad Pork Pie's going to be here for Christmas", and was planning all the wonderful ways she could spoil him and the others. Yesterday on the way back from school she was reminiscing about Ruby, talking about death and how it affects her, etc. This is going to be a terrible blow for her. :(

Edited by KathyM

Im so sorry Kathy :GroupHug: The only way to deal with this with Conne is to tell her the truth, and weather the stormtogether. But you know that already dont you? You'll be there for her the way you always are, you'll cry together and remember Pork Pies good times. you cant make it easier for her Hon, you can just be there to hold her up while she deals with it. :flowers:

Lots of love as always :GroupHug:

Thanks all of you. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

chasta - you're spot on, there's no avoiding this hitting her like a tonne of bricks. We just have to face up to telling her and be there. Just so unfair that it had to be now, we've only really just got her and the others past Biggs going (and that was very much expected for a few weeks), and now Pork Pie has gone off to be with him. I think that's how I'll play it actually. :GroupHug: Thank you so much for being there (again). :GroupHug: :GroupHug: