UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Will Be Spending Their First Christmas With You?

Fee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolly :wub:

Richmond1.jpg

This year will be Dolly's first Christmas here :biggrin: I don't suppose she had much fun at Christmas before, having been used as a breeding bitch until she came here via Lizzies Barn Sanctuary. She's very naughty but I love her to bits and I'm sure she'll enjoy the extra treats as we're going to my parents for Christmas lunch :rolleyes:

ogmore5.jpg

Mine is Tessie

She is an 8 1/2 year old westie who had just been rehomed with a lovely family but...

they held a welcome home party for her after they moved back to lancashire (having only had her a week)

they all crowded her and tried to pet her and she did what most slightly fearfull dogs would have done in

that situation - she bit the lady concerned so was put back up for rehoming

I had just received in 2 other westies that day and rehomed them that same afternoon when I got the

emergency phone call to pick her up as a temporary foster.

6 months later I phone the perfect forever home for her - Mine :biggrin:

she is soo sweet I couldn't let her go and have the stress n trauma of a 3rd rehoming

and she gets on well with my other 2 (boy westie & boy mini daxi) so that was that

wil post some pics of them all when am back on line next week if you want to see my lot :rolleyes:

Murphy and Lily :wub:

Both rather elderly wonky yorkies of questionable breeding lol.

Murphy had been handed into Freshfields to be pts as he had allegedly bitten a child (and cheaper if Freshies had to pay of course). The fact that he had an untreated and ruptured eye ulcer had nothing to do with it. Urrr urrr, not a thing :dry: He is now an extremely loving one eyed little sweetheart, with endless love and personality who shares everything all the time. To see Murphys excitement when his harness is put on for walks is a sheer joy, and his Bunny hop high speed bouncing in huge circles, to watch him cuddle up with Cinders for a snooze in the sun, or when he throws himself into my arms when I come in. I love my little man :wub:

Lily was found wandering along a busy road on her own, as you do when you are a deaf and blind little lady with spinal damage and a slight battiness :ohmy: It looked as though someone had tried to care for her, just not managed very well. Freshfields are fairly certain that she had belonged to an elderly person that died and the family had just kicked her out :( After her 7 days at Freshfields, she came here. She had to have 22 teeth out, and her coat shaved off, and to adjust to living with other dogs and cats, but she has adjusted. Lily loves her beds, can find all the water bowls on her own, loves going for drives, going for a walk (push) in her pram, loves her garden, and is my constant kitchen/cooking companion and will always taste test for me :happy: :wub:

If Freshfields are right, I hope her previous owner knows that she is alright, and is very much loved.

Having oldies in my life, is a privaledge beyond any other.