Boxing

Anniegirl

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most sports don't involve deliberately hitting/hurting other people, though. :(

When I played hockey at school it did :biglaugh:

i played lacrosse and its one of the most vicious games ive every played. certainly not controlled and skillfull like boxing either

I really don't get it , is it a matter of consent that makes it acceptable ?

even if it was legal no one here would want to watch 2 animals fighting but is that just because they have no choice in the matter ?

from a spectator point of view of boxing you are still watching 2 living creatures hit each other, inflict pain and injury, is it becuase they choose to do it that makes that acceptable ?

I really don't understand it

from a spectator point of view of boxing you are still watching 2 living creatures hit each other, inflict pain and injury, is it becuase they choose to do it that makes that acceptable ?

I really don't understand it

And in some cases kill or permanently paralyse :( And before anyone says, I know that people die and are paralysed in other sports but not directly by the hands of another human being.

Edited by mooandboo

Boxing is a(n?) horrific sport - I honestly don't understand how anyone can watch it. It's no better than dogfighting to me, the only difference being the consent issue as someone else said. What scares me is how many otherwise "normal" people actually enjoy watching the beating of a person, the breaking of bone, the battering of tissue - doesn't that say something?

Just because it's in a ring and organised doesn't make it any less barbaric and disgusting. I also find it terribly sad that anyone would wish to be a boxer - no amount of money is worth brain damage/death and the knowledge that someone is paying to watch you get hurt and potentially killed. Demoralising and dehumanising. :(

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH there ....back up a few steps please before this goes up in flames ........

CONSENT means everyone involved is choosing to do so, the boxers and spectators, dogs cannot consent nor can they make an INFORMED choice - there's no comparison to an activity which is forced upon someone/something.

I can understand why some people choose not to participate, I can understand and accept people not wanting to watch it, but please refrain from using emotional terms and phrasing which will do nothing but inflame this discussion and quite possibly insult others who choose differently.

This ones being locked overnight - it'll be reopened in the morning.