UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Road Sign In The Village

tegk68

So there I was just now, driving down a little country lane less than a mile away from my house in rural Wiltshire when I notice a new road sign. Now I like to think I know most of the signs in my highway code book but this is a new one on me. It looks the business, your typical upside down white triangle with a red border but the symbol in the middle, well I have never come across this one before; cows yes, even deer, there's lots like that, but a person's head supporting an afro hair cut? :huh: . Underneath is another sign clamped to the pole, which says, 'Give way 200m'. So what am I supposed to be giving way to?... 'Afro hair styled heads' in 200m time? :unsure: I must admit I've never seen any loose 'heads' down this part of the world before, let alone one supporting an afro hair cut so do wonder about the need for such a sign. Mindst you Mr Rhubarb 2005/6's hair mop cut down the road could almost qualify, and I have to question whether I'd actually 'give way' to him on the lane should the moment arise....

Edited by tegk68

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin: I must admit to being very curious so I will await the pic with bated breath! :laugh: x

Wait no longer. I have been out :biggrin: , with a dog for protection (well there's no way of telling just yet how friendly or not these heads sporting afro hairstyles are, since I have yet to meet one?).

One tic, I upload it now....

Years ago when someone stole the sign pointing to our Devon village :wacko: , some other helpful person carefully made a beautifully accurate replica sign and put it up on the signpost (it was the sort of signpost where the pointing bits just slide in).

It was there for about a year before the council noticed it. It said "Wherethehellarewe"