UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Road Sign In The Village

tegk68

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for dredging it up again as I missed it first time round. :laugh:

Happy to be of service Michelle. I was going to say that I should get out more (as opposed to remembering/dredging up old threads) but look what happens when I do! :laugh:

It's a dangerous world, albeit a bit of a disappointing one in terms of crater no-show.

I was in hospital when this first did the rounds, so missed it :laugh: It's fab.

Can I please add my recently observed surreal sign?

Presumably a local authority response to all those Baptists who don't know where to dispose of their old chapels?

P1010003-5.jpg

I've been dying to witness the appearance of one of these holes - not involving animals of course - but nothing. I feel quite cheated :laugh:

I could just imagine you, reappearing sometime later with tales of having met all manner of unusal characters in an Alice in Wonderland type story :laugh:

I don't know of anyone else who regularly meets space cadets, nuns, firemen, men in odd shoes etc :( - you should write a book

Every time I see this thread title, I imagine Little Britain's, Daffyd Thomas going, A new road sign in the Village, in his inimitable way dunno why.

We have no such unusual signs over here, in fact we are often fortunate to have just normal signs!

Edited by nouggatti

HolwellRoadSign.jpg

The Danger Zone covers many acres which sheep graze and they obviously don't stick to the roads (although I think it's obvious, I've asked them just in case. I was right - they don't).

Do farm animals just find themselves randomly propelled into newly formed 50' craters I wonder? :unsure:

I've been walking and riding here regularly for 30 odd years and never yet found the promised sign that tells me where the zone ends :wacko:

Edited to say that I've been dying to witness the appearance of one of these holes - not involving animals of course - but nothing. I feel quite cheated :laugh:

Now that's what I call a danger sign!