UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Needed In Faringdon, Oxfordshire Area - To Help Catch Stray Dog

ReikiAnge

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I went and got the trap back for Ray, i think he was a bit miffed cos we had it so long but we were baiting it the whole time. When i picked the trap up i crashed the van just outside faringdon on the way home.

but there is a bit of good news.

I had a call from a lady i met in faringdon a few weeks ago while looking for the dog, the woman has been feeding the dog in the nursery each night for months, recently she has moved the food slowly into her garden which is nearby and the dog is now going through her open gate and right into her 6ft fenced garden area, she has set up a trap to the gate and is going to try to trap her there,

ill let you know how it goes, theyre going to try tonight about 10pm when she comes

Sully

I hadn't forgotten about this dog, just at a loss of what to do, tried everything.

Drugging is definately not the answer, ive got loads of ACP but in this weather the dog could die very quickly if not found fast and even a large dose of ACP along with adrenalin can often just make them run drunk, still able to bolt - and get run over etc.

I have spoken to Ray loads on the phone, he is very surprised she wouldnt go into the trap but then there were quite a few people feeding her still, the dogwarden originally put flyers out in the estate explaining about the dog but it just made everyone put food out for the dog so she wasnt desperate enough to get trapped. Also Lynn caught 2 or 3 foxes and several cats in the trap and the dog had seen the fox trapped and is now too wise as she knows there are bins about full of food scraps.

i just cant do much more myself from here 2.5 hrs away. :eh:

The woman i met there is a good dog type person and she souns like she knows what shes doing

Yes the Garden is a Giant Trap, and she has already been going right into it to eat a whole bowl of good complete food each night, its just a case of setting the gate up so it works to trap her without fail.

This has got to be the way to get her, she is not getting fed in the nursery any more and is going into peoples gardens more.

its got to be worth a try

There is a rescue about 200 yards away from where she's straying, I believe she's going there.

That's what I'm assuming too. The dog warden and local police use the kennels as the pound but they do seek to rehome after the seven days. To be honest, I'd wonder what their skills and experience would be like with this poor girl who will need a lot of rehabilitation :unsure: I don't know if the lady trying to trap her is in touch with the dog warden or if she has other ideas about what to do with her. Sully can probably answer that one.