UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Help Find Missing Lurcher ..

chrissie

Area post code DH1

DogLost Listing

Cross-posted:

"Hi everyone, please would you help me find Ziggy?

1874051319_158d3aaba4_m.jpg 1874882782_83c47cbb25_m.jpg

He's a 28" neutered male brown/black brindle shorthaired lurcher. He wriggled past my legs in fear of fireworks on the night of Sunday 4th Nov and ran away from home. There have been no sightings since. I'm doing all the usual things, he did have a collar on and is microchipped. Cash reward for safe return.

My daughter and me are completely in bits, his lurcher pal Louie is pining - I miss him so much.

There is a printable poster on doglost.co.uk:

Ziggy poster

Please help!!

Vikki "

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I hope it's him. I'll be going through Langley Park today, will take some posters with me. Have you had a walk over Hedleyhope Fell in case he's heading that way? Lots of dog walkers and horse people go on the fell so it might be worth putting posters up at all the car parks/entrances.

Keep trying the dog wardens and pounds. Rochdale Dogs had loads in over the fireworks period and not everywhere is as well organised at that pound.

I know that the company who pick up strays in the Manchester area picked up 87 dogs in one weekend when the fireworks were at their height. Keep asking police and dog wardens as messages often don't seem to get through when dogs are reported lost.

Hope you find him soon. I do understand what an awful time this is for you.

Diane

I've passed your messages on, Jules & Diane, to Vikki whose dog it is; she's not able to validate her registation here until she gets to work on Monday, but says

"Would you tell them, no more sightings and thanks for all their help - it keeps me going"

Hopefully she'll be able to update or liaise with any offers of help from here herself by next week, but here's hoping he's home by then.

I know from her post on doglost he might not be in the Langley Park area after all, but I put some posters in shops in Langley Park and Witton Gilbert today, one in our livery yard tack room and also nailed some to trees at a couple of popular dog walking spots. I hope she gets some news soon :(

Edited by JulesB

Hi folks. Thanks Chris and everyone for all the cross posting.

Well, to summarise, I'm in bits, he's (I hope) still out there somewhere - there appear to be countless brindle lurchers running about, none of whom are mine.

Tomorrow, me and John-the-wonderfully-kind-dog-warden are going to have a look about Brandon. He may be skulking about in allotments, or down in the woods from Aykley Heads over to Belmont. or along the Deerness Valley Walk (old railway line). There again, I could be way off the mark but if anyone has taken him I hope they're being kind.

Some very lovely people whom I shall not name without permission have offered a £500 reward for my boy's safe return... WOW!

Why I need my dog back: his gorgeous eyes (brain the size of a peanut, full of all the love in the world)... his oh so elegant extended dressage trot... his big silly long biscuity-smelling werewolf-paws (yeah, yuk, but I bet I'm not the only one!)... his silly r-r-r-rowwwling greeting every morning... Suffice to say i ain't quitting yet!

Thanks for everything you're all doing to help. WHEN we find him, party at my place!

Edited by ZiggysMum

Sorry you've not had a new potential sightings; good luck with your hunt with the DW. I guess posters up even a bit outside the area would be good - if he's been taken in by someone rather than handed in then it may be outside the immediate area. Keeping everything crossed for better news soon.