UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Help Find Missing Lurcher ..

chrissie

It's like groundhog day! Nothing today bar one call - a tiny weeny cold trail - it seems probable he was out on the field behind the house flirting with a collie (he adores them) three days after he ran away. That means slightly better odds that he may still be local. Will have a more intense search but also keep going further away as that's over a week ago now.

I miss him, and worry more every day that passes.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for cross posting for me - I'm so tired, have got an article in local free paper, and 3 calls mentioning Langley Park - also doing the scenting thing as recommended by doglost.com - also getting crank calls on the mobile - to be expected when you fling caution to the wind and plaster the number all round the district! :wacko:

Day 14 and still no recent sightings. Don't know where to look, just hoping for the phone to ring with good news. How on earth do people cope with having a child missing - this is hell enough. All help with keeping things in the public eye and all your support, much appreciated.

Very sorry he's not back home yet. Am keeping everything crossed that he will be back with you soon :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Have you postered everywhere, given posters to those who cover the local area with their jobs - like postmen, milkmen etc.? And visited any pounds/kennels where strays would be taken? Sorry, I'm sure you're doing all of this :flowers: just trying to think of things as I am too far away to offer any practical help. Will the local paper run an appeal for you and say there's a reward offered for his safe return?

Very sorry he's not back home yet. Am keeping everything crossed that he will be back with you soon :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Have you postered everywhere, given posters to those who cover the local area with their jobs - like postmen, milkmen etc.? And visited any pounds/kennels where strays would be taken? Sorry, I'm sure you're doing all of this :flowers: just trying to think of things as I am too far away to offer any practical help. Will the local paper run an appeal for you and say there's a reward offered for his safe return?

Thanks for the suggestions - all done and more, but still appreciated in case I miss anything obvious! He's been in 3 local papers now - local radio don't want to know, unfortunately. x

Well, I finally have news, but not a sighting.

I got a call from a family living in Langley Park today, sure that my Ziggy is their dog, he was called Cruz. Timings and locations fit and he described Ziggy’s looks and behaviour accurately. Seems very plausible. Long story how he ended up being lost, but it all fits.

The trouble is, if Ziggy has headed to his original area, there are a lot of young lads keeping working lurchers who wouldn’t give him up – perhaps not even for the reward as he’s locally known as a good taker of foxes. I’ve been told not to risk going down the allotments alone. The guy that originally owned him claims not to want him back (working enough already) and will do some poking around.

All very tenuous but I’ve no choice but to go with it – there have been at least three calls from that area. My mate the police dog handler is up for taking him back if he shows up but first, we need a dog!

Meanwhile the Belmont sightings continue but are most likely a white and brindle lurcher that’s lived feral (and untrappable despite some hard work) in that area since the summer. Cross everything for me!

Edited by ZiggysMum

Well, I finally have news, but not a sighting.

I got a call from a family living in Langley Park today, sure that my Ziggy is their dog, he was called Cruz. Timings and locations fit and he described Ziggy's looks and behaviour accurately. Seems very plausible. Long story how he ended up being lost, but it all fits.

The trouble is, if Ziggy has headed to his original area, there are a lot of young lads keeping working lurchers who wouldn't give him up – perhaps not even for the reward as he's locally known as a good taker of foxes. I've been told not to risk going down the allotments alone. The guy that originally owned him claims not to want him back (working enough already) and will do some poking around.

All very tenuous but I've no choice but to go with it – there have been at least three calls from that area. My mate the police dog handler is up for taking him back if he shows up but first, we need a dog!

Oh blimey! Can the previous owner help you out at all? If he works his dogs and knows other people in that area who do, he might find it easier to approach them than you would?

Everything crossed :GroupHug: