UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Landywoods

Mrs B

I have just spent ages sorting out my freezer ready for my Landywoods delivery tomorrow - to just receive a 'phone call from them saying "won't be tomorrow, will be Wednesday"!

They were lucky I was so cross that I was unable to say what I thought.

I wouldn't be quite so mad - except they do this every time - change morning to afternoon to evening, change the day, the week - and normally I have to book holiday to receive the order so they're really mucking me about.

Not sure whether they just select me to muck about, or whether the share their unreliiable service with all their customers.

Rant over. I'm going to put my head back in the freezer.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you got a crap service from them - I've never had a problem with them so it looks like it might be restricted to your bit of the country, have been using them for nearly 2 years now, only once had a change of day, they always ring me just before they get to my house so I can shoot off from work and put it all in the freezer too.

Hope you get it sorted and get a chance to have a proper rant at them soon!!!

Well, the way I see it, at least they let me know.

Most of the time they don't mess about. However, Janet obviously has too much to do. Six months ago she sent the driver to my old address, and then read the new address out to him even though she KNEW that was where my abusive ex was living. He looked over the driver's shoulder and then turned up at my temporary abode some weeks later (once the court case was over). Fortunately I had moved out by then.

Today she sent him to the temporary abode - even though I have had two or three deliveries here since then. And the driver left the stuff on the doorstep. A good thing we are on good terms with the girl who lives there now!

Mad!

I have found Albion Meats far better than Landywoods.

Always phone me on the morning of delivery to confirm. Usually get to us pretty late at night as we are near the south coast but if he is early he leaves the stuff round the side by the shed (as he knows thats where it gets put). I usually give my card details over the phone for payment but if I forget Catherine is quite happy for me to send a cheque on to them (if I miss delivery) or phone the next day to pay.

Catherine phones normally around the time I normally make an order to remind me as a few times now I've phoned her in a panic as I've forgotten to make an order and have run out of food. both times she has made arrangements so that they can get a delivery down to me.

Brilliant service

I was using Landywoods, a friend was doing the ordering, luvs you Barbara :flowers:

But they messed us about, the trotters started out decent, then we only got the fingers.

I use my local butcher now. The meat is lovely and fresh, the trotters are 20p each, and are arms lol and its cheaper than we was paying in bulk. Always ask your local butcher, you never know

Ive frequently thought about changing to landywoods... and every time i think that, i read something else bad about them!

Either delivery problems, missing or substituted order items (for not even similar stuff, more expensive stuff etc), and quality of meat.... off meat, meat that is 99% fat, etc etc...

Despite the higher price, i use Anglian Meat Products and in nearly two years, I have had one problem delivery, where an agency driver has accidentally failed to unload two cases of meat. One quick phone call and it will be on the next delivery this way (this friday in all likelyhood).

Their meat is always good quality, its always what i have ordered, and their customer service is above and beyond excellent as far as i am concerned (down to the extremely polite 'we must have taken your card details down wrong as its not gone through' when we all knew it was cos the card was maxed out!, drivers putting my meat away for me, taking the cash left for them and leaving the correct change!!!!!)...

So for me.... nope, not the cheapest option granted, but I just cannot fault them!

• 9 months later...

I've been using Landywoods for a while now but after this morning, no more. I always found the quality of the meat was good, but this morning they have just delivered meat that was partially defrosted and smells 'off'.

I am waiting for them to open and will be telling them to come and get it cos I won't be paying for it and I won't be using Landywoods again.

I've been using Landywoods for a couple of years now and have found them pretty reliable and the meat fine. They let me down last week but I think one of their vans went wrong, they couldn't deliver Friday and wanted to come Saturday but I was going away for the weekend at 5am, so I'm without food until they next deliver to Leicester. I guess they could have made an effort to fill the order as I am a regular customer.

The only thing I don't like is the way they pack the meat in bags and then place them upside down in the boxes - by the time the meat gets to me and then into my freezer it's partly defrosted and it's a blood bath :(

I've stopped using Landywoods because of the Janet's rudeness and irritability on the phone and the unreliability of the delivery. I was sharing orders with other people and because the delivery was so late I was driving around at 10.00 at night to drop off the shared parts of the order, also the quality of the meat had deriorated.