UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can Anyone Help Lovely Lady? Oldie Labrador Cross In Urgent Need Of A Home

ReikiAnge

Lady is not an Oldies Club dog but we have been asked to list her on the oldies site.

Lady is a beautiful twelve year old female, black Labrador Retriever cross who is being rehomed from Croft Rescue Kennels, Bridgend, South Wales. She is in urgent need of a loving new home.

lady-croft-kennels.jpg

The kennels describe Lady as very sweet, affectionate and quite energetic for her age. Lady was picked up as a stray and was not claimed by her owners. She has been spayed and had a mammary strip and has put on weight since she has been in kennels so would need a little help shifting this in her new home icon_smile.gif

According to the kennels, Lady mixes very well with dogs and people. It is not known how she is with children as she has not been with any since being at the kennels. She loves to play with her tennis ball icon_smile.gif

A volunteer is happy to help with transport from Bridgend if a loving and suitable new home can be found for Lady.

Please contact Wendy on 07779 520 097 asap if you are interested in offering Lady a home.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very urgent!

Lady is in a very over-crowded pound. Dogs are going in at the rate of knots at the moment. Lady has been there several months and she is taking up much-needed room. There has been no interest in her because of her age. But she's great with other dogs and has no faults that anyone has found.

The pound won't or can't pass on dogs to rescues (exept me) because their van is off the road - and has been since the floods. :unsure:

I could persuade them not to do the inevitable if I was certain to have a place. I can't bring her here because I already have 15 dogs in the house including another pts from that pound who arrived a month ago.

This is becoming a terrible situation for pounds and rescues.

According to the local statistics, November is the worst month for picking up strays and taking hand-ins. So things can only got worse.

Lady is such a sweetie. Just wants to play with a tennis ball.

Please consider giving her a home.

I'll arrange transport anywhere.

She could but the pound wouldn't be able to offer back-up and neither would I. I could help with any medical expenses but having 15 of my own, I'm already making a vet rich.

Do you have a foster home in mind?

I've just phoned the pound and have told them that efforts are being made to get her into a home and so she is safe for the weekend at least.

It would be nice to get her out before the fireworks start though, though the pound is a way away from habitation

Peggy is sorted and moving on tomorrow and now I hear Lady has a space in rescue. That's fantastic. What a day! Hope you have the transport sorted. :biggrin:

I believe that she will be travelling to Hampshire :rolleyes: , We, LRRSE are always happy to help any Lab or Lab X in need, please feel free to contact me if you have any that we can help with. :flowers: