UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can Anyone Help Lovely Lady? Oldie Labrador Cross In Urgent Need Of A Home

ReikiAnge

You've all been so brilliant that I am really moved. :mecry:

I have had a few offers of rescue places for Lady and after much thought she will be going to Blue Cross in Tiverton, Devon. This was decided mostly because I often organise transport runs to Devon for GRWE and the The Greyhound Sanctuary and so I have a network of experienced people I can call on.

Thanks especially to Jack the Lab and the Lab Rescue. I'm sure that your so kind offer will give a life-line to another dog in the same situation. :flowers:

Thank you, Everyone, and please keep thinking about Lady and asking around. :flowers: She's going to a rescue but the old girl really needs a home with a cosy fireplace for Christmas. She'll be moved next Saturday. The Pound is miles from anywhere and so the fireworks won't be a problem. And the pound know that she has a place and so she will be safe for the week.

OK, so now I need a problem............. :unsure: :wink:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady is not going into rescue until next Saturday - so we have a week to find her a home before the rescue option. I would be so happy to see this lovely girl in her forever home this week.

The Blue Cross are fantastic and so very kind. But it's not home for an old girl.

So please keep thinking about possible loving homes for her.

And then the rescue space can save someone else's life. :flowers:

You've all been so brilliant that I am really moved. :mecry:

I have had a few offers of rescue places for Lady and after much thought she will be going to Blue Cross in Tiverton, Devon. This was decided mostly because I often organise transport runs to Devon for GRWE and the The Greyhound Sanctuary and so I have a network of experienced people I can call on.

Thanks especially to Jack the Lab and the Lab Rescue. I'm sure that your so kind offer will give a life-line to another dog in the same situation. :flowers:

Thank you, Everyone, and please keep thinking about Lady and asking around. :flowers: She's going to a rescue but the old girl really needs a home with a cosy fireplace for Christmas. She'll be moved next Saturday. The Pound is miles from anywhere and so the fireworks won't be a problem. And the pound know that she has a place and so she will be safe for the week.

OK, so now I need a problem............. :unsure: :wink:

You are more than welcome :flowers:

Back to Plan A, I'm afraid. The home offered for Lady is proving elusive at the moment and apparently the person specified that she wanted a pure-bred Lab. :rolleyes:

So Lady will be going to the Blue Cross centre in Tiverton, Devon, on Saturday. If you live in that part of the country, please consider adopting her.

Wouldn't it be great to have her in a home by Christmas! :)

Thanks again to everyone for their help. :flowers:

Lady made her journey from the Pound to the Blue Cross in Devon yesterday. She was the perfect travelling companion. :wub: She had two walks on her way to the kennels to make up for the months and months of just standing in her kennel.

She is in good nick - shiny, glossy coat, full of energy, rather overweight from the lack of exercise but a happy clappy girl - doesn't look anywhere near 12 but her chip says she is and so she is.

A wonderful couple did the second leg of the journey to Devon and stopped off on the way to show Lady to their Dad. He was much taken with her and I am now hoping and hoping that he will approach the Blue Cross with a view to adopting her. :)

Watch this space! :biggrin:

And the other little lurcher who was sprung from the pound too yesterday has already been reserved by someone waiting for a hairy pipecleaner. :flowers:

Good news all round.

Now there's another old, old girl up in the pound but that's another thread. :unsure: