UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nelly's Gotcha Day

cindere528

It's Nelly's second Gotcha Day today :bigheart3:

Two whole years have gone by since I drove to Bristol to meet & pick her up from her foster mum.

When she first came here, she didn't bark. Her foster mum told me that she had previously been beaten for barking, so she had learned to be silent. :mellow: She was in foster for about 6 weeks & was never heard to utter a sound in that time. Now, she barks all the way round the fields on her walks, just because she can . She also takes the initiative in barking in the house. Even if Dillon hasn't seen whatever she's barking at, she still barks :rolleyes: .

She was also terrified of men at first. It took her a couple of months to accept my son when he came to visit and one male friend of mine scared her so much I had to ask him to leave (don't worry, we're still friends - he understood). Nelly is now so confident that when I had the plumber out last week to service the boiler, she was playing with him in the kitchen & he couldn't get on with his work :laugh:

She's had some special biccie treats for lunch and she has requested sozzidgers for tea so I will have to get them on my way home this afternoon. She will share them with Dillon because she wuvs him wewwy much :)

Happy Gotcha Day sweetheart and may we have many more together

Edited by cindere528

Nelly says "Fank ewe all wewwy much four yor gud wishus. Eye has bin eetin sozzidgers four tee and eye has hadd a walkie wiv Dillon & our mummeee. Eye did av a wewwy gud bark wen we wus out four us walkie. Aftur all vat, eye is tyud now an eye duz wont two sleep an dweem ov sozzidgers"

After writing all that, she has fallen fast asleep & is snoring her furry little head off on the rug. I will try & take some photos after she's been to see Auntie Sue on Friday for her haircut :biggrin: