UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bert Bunny

Karen

Bert died this afternoon, helped on his way by the vet.

Bert arrived here in January from Bobtails to be a companion to Reggie, my very special dutch bunny girl. He was a really happy and placid companion to Reggie who was not an easy or happy rabbit.

Sadly Reggie died in April from self inflicted injuries, it was such a traumatic time that I couldn't bring myself to write a tribute to her. I'm so sorry Reggie that we couldn't figure out what was bothering you and that you left me so soon. I think of you every day :wub:

Bert hated being on his own and was introduced to Abbey who had also lost her companion. Bert loved company and adored Abbey. Unfortunately the teeth that Bert had removed at the end of last year started to regrow into his jaw and generate a large bony growth and numerous abscesses. Despite fabulous work by his vet over the last few months, he got to the point in the last couple of days where he had really had enough. Goodbye fluffy Bert, love you lots.

Reggie

reggie2.jpg

Bert

bert2.jpg

Be happy together in the Summerlands, bunnies.

I am so sorry to hear about Reggie. You tried so hard with that one, I am sure whatever troubled her so much will have been healed in the next life. Some things just can't get mended in this one however much we try. :GroupHug:

Edited by owl