UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bow

tegk68

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't bear to think about what she's been going through, left all alone in that state :mecry: :mecry:

Bless you Helen for getting her out, and to Grandma Squiggs for taking her. Whatever the outcome now at least she is safe, warm and cared for. Sending her all my best thoughts :GroupHug:

Bless you Helen, Grandma Squiggs and all the Squiggs from the very bottom of my heart, you are really, really special people. :flowers:

You have given this poor little girl lots of love and comfort and the chance of some happiness.

Is there a fund for her vet treatment? If so, i would like to contribute, if there isn't a rescue pot its coming out of, perhaps I could donate to a chosen rescue (Dogstar?) in her name.

Wishing all the best for little Bow

Edited to add, she looks like my Hugo, or rather she will look like my Hugo when her fur is all grown back and silky again and when she has regained her trust :mecry:

Edited by Sue B

I keep refreshing this thread again and again for news :unsure: am hoping so much there will be good news :flowers:

Bless you Helen, Grandma Squiggs and all the Squiggs from the very bottom of my heart, you are really, really special people. :flowers:

You have given this poor little girl lots of love and comfort and the chance of some happiness.

Is there a fund for her vet treatment? If so, i would like to contribute, if there isn't a rescue pot its coming out of, perhaps I could donate to a chosen rescue (Dogstar?) in her name.

Wishing all the best for little Bow

Can I second the above - I would very much like to help her vets bills :flowers:

Firstly thank you so much Helen for not giving up , Grandma Squirrel spent an hour on the phone this morning before the "owner" finally agreed to hand her over , Helen rushed straight round before she changed her mind

I rushed home from work and Mark and I took Bow to our Vet Dexter, Mum meet me at the door and handed over one of the most pathetic ( and very smelly ) dogs I think I have ever seen

when we got to the vets the nurses were horrified to see the state she was in ( and her story ) and all the other people waiting were equally horrified but all of them were so impressed in Helen's perseverance :flowers:

Dexter gave Bow as much of a check up as he felt she could cope with ( she was shaking and was very confused ) , her heart is not to bad for a dog of her age ( 16 ) , she is completely blind in one eye and he thinks her sight is pretty much gone in the other one , she was covered in flea dirts and what I thought was mange appears to be a flea allergy ( she may have mange as well ) her claws were shocking and so long at the back she could bearly stand ( they were all clipped ) she is underweight and has been fed on cat biscuits for the last 5 months , she appears deaf but given the amount of Shiite rammed in both ears that may be temporary

Dexter will see her again next week as he says clearly we can't believe any thing her "owner" has said and he wants some more feedback from Mum before he does any blood tests ( also the amount of cat food she has eaten might give false readings ) he says at this point he feels she has some more time and that she will have a quality of life

He wants to see how she improves with good food , warmth and love and says he hopes Bow and Mum will have at the least a few months together

We took her back for a bath and she was not impressed at all but it made a huge improvement to her coat ( and smell ) I cleaned her ears ( but its going to take days before all the gunk gets out as its compacted , gave her eye drops and flea treated her

then we decided to see if she could eat , one bowl of Grandma Squirrel chicken stew was placed beside her and I can confirm there is nothing wrong with her appetite , she will be getting little and often

When I left she was fast asleep on grandma Squirrels lap ( she seems to take great comfort from being held ) and Gracie was being a Angel with her

I have some photos I will upload in a bit

thank you again Helen and thank you to every one who has sent Bow positive thoughts , hugs and Reiki

Sam